Tuesday, June 13, 2006

**Happy Birthday, LadyBug**


Yo DJ Diva, put the record on the turntable and kick me an oldschool beat...

Serenity 23, bring out a pair of your vintage heels... (no not the clear heels, honey... Put those back in your closet)

I gots something to say to our homegirl:

I'd like to wish a Very Happy, Happy 28th Birthday to one of my blog mentors...

The LB...

The LBigga...

The LBeezy....

The LBiggity...

The Ladybug!

She's one who I call the ultimate blogger guru...

I don't have a picture of the guru, who is incognito, as she is a member of the undercover SBS of America...

But she has had a really powerful influence on me all year...

She's the one who I learned the art of carefully placing *Crickets* throughout my blog posts, you see. And those descriptions of Ladylee actions lovingly placed between two asterisks? I learned that from the Ladybug, too. She is teacher, and I am a mere grasshopper. And she has always been helpful when I run up to her on bended knees and ask technical questions.

She is a PHENOMENAL writer, even though she doesn't think so. She can intertwine wit and drama so tightly, it'll make you want to slap yo' Mama!

Why, she even took time to read my manuscript... and she actually enjoyed it!

*A lone tear drops from the LadyLee's eye*

*LadyLee bowed low to the ground at the Ladybug's feet*

I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!


I talk to her on the phone a couple hours a week, just shooting the breeze or dropping knowledge.
I always come away from a conversations a little bit smarter, a little more wiser.

But she let us know yesterday that she is retiring from blogging... I desperately clasped for my imaginary pearls when she announced it in an email.

Someone... Please hand me a punchbowl.

*Ladylee smashing punchbowl to the floor and making tight fists*

Damn, Damn, DAMN!

(Alright, girl, I don't do that as well as Florida Evans, but psst... hey Ladybug, can you throw me your mantle, so I can do what you do?!!!)

Girl, do your thizzle... YOU do YOU...

Just stop by and visit the Oldgirl's spot from time to time, would you please...

And again, LadyBug, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope your 28th year is the best year EVER!!

And we BOTH know it will be...

Really though!


5 comments:

  1. Great tribute and yes, imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Kudos to you for giving it up on the birthday wishes and beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:14:00 AM

    LOL...why, oh why, after I read this, the FUNNIEST part was when you told S23 to put her stripper heels back in the closet. I bust out laughing! **crickets** Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I don't deserve the honor of being labeled as a blog mentor...but I'll take it, lol.

    Phenomenal? Lil ole me? LOL...I was "good," 4-5 blogpages ago, but PHENOMENAL best describes the manuscript that almost made me lose my job b/c I would sneak and read it when I was s'posed to be working! THAT'S PHENOMENAL! Speaking of that...I was promised Chapter 30 on my bday, so wassup?!

    Again Florida, THANK YOU for the tribute. But most importantly, THANK YOU for sewing into my life. I don't know how the SBS society actually came about, but I am truly thankful to have rubbed elbows, in the virtual sense, with someone who has helped me to reach my current level of spiritual maturity. YOU are the best influence.

    It took me 2 years and several web addys, but I think that I got the point of blogging. It is to meet those, as you say, that build me up....to meet those, as S23 says, are assets...to meet those, that DJ Diva WOULD say, son la verdad!!! I love ya'll and am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Bifday Girlfriend!!!!!!!!

    *DJ putting the needle on the record*

    "until the end of time
    I'll be there for you"

    Ok I won't sing anymore...but You know I adore you LB in a straight kinda way...

    Enjoy the last little years of your twenties LOL...then you'll finally be old school like me and Leezie..

    *hugs and kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just too sweet! I find it amazing how others can see in us what we fail to see in ourself. Everyone I read is a phenomonal writer! And I know Ladylee must be trippin' cause here I am on pause until she comes back to say something else. And I thought lady bug was just going on a break....surely not fa eva?! I got me list hea that I read everyday and we can't cut anyone off! (Oh and DIva I'll be by your spot to tell you--ya trippin! you been to Miami and all that and no update?

    Great tribute LadyLee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so mad at you about those heels. How many times I have to tell you I HATE clear heels. Sigh!~ You don't listen. Anyway, Happy Birthday Ladybug!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!