Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Columbus Day!!!

LOL!!

I could care less about Columbus Day. I'm just glad that I have a day OFF!

I was telling LadyTee that I wish I had a little toy version of one of those ships Columbus sailed over on... I would most definitely put that sucker on the front porch with a big banner reading HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!!

Not sure why we celebrate a man who "discovered" what was already here. Sigh.

It's all good. A free day off. All good, man.

This has been a lazy weekend. I ran a few nominal errands and did my chores. (Yes, I'm THAT boring, and I like it.)

The highlight of my weekend was my Friday night Women of Color Workshop. I wrote some nice material, and the ladies did a good job also.

We have one male member. I'll call him "Hakeem". So technically we're not a women's workshop, lol. I love that he's there, because he's brings a whole nother perspective to whatever we're talking about. Plus he's written several books, and I learn much from him.

This time, he brought his best friend with him. He's in town for his birthday.

That was TOOOO much eye candy for the all of us. Let's just say concentration is hard to have when 2 fine men are sitting there, and reading their work. I am a pro at such, but the other chicks... let's just say, they need to work on that.

(They are gonna get me if they read that. Ha ha!)

So stay tuned for some interesting pieces this week.

Post of the Week. America the Beautiful. By the Infamous La. She always makes me think. And I stalk her terribly on twitter. She's gonna have me arrested, lol.

Very nice piece, made me think and examine myself and how I treat people.

Go La! I wait on the edge of my seat for whatever you write. You know I'm your stalker stan, uh, I mean, your FAN!!! LOL

Song of the Week. One of my favorites, from Brandy, featuring some of my favorite female rappers, the remix to "I Wanna Be Down".



Man, when I look at todays female rappers, I just SHAKE MY HEAD.

These were REAL female rappers. I believe we are all the same age. I guess that is why I could relate to them back them. And guess the young ladies of today can relate to the likes of Nicki Minaj.

Sigh. That didn't sound right. But it is what it is. To each his (or her) own.

For some odd reason, I haven't been able to log into my blog. But I found a backdoor way in, and well, I can get back to my regular posting! *backflips*

So with that, ya'll have a great week!!!

3 comments:

  1. I was discussing this "holiday" on a board I frequent. Makes no sense. LDR was just re-educating his son on some things he was taught in his history class, namely on the Reconstruction Era. I love that he makes sure the kid knows the real story behind things. No doubt they'll have a discussion about Columbus today.

    Happy Monday to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't even have yesterday off, but I'm off all next week! Yay. I love this video. Looking at little Ray J makes me laugh. Don't even get me started on Nicki Minaj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MsMarilie.... ONce I got a little older and began reading... we've been so brainwashed. SIGH!

    @Chele... Don't you just miss our older female rappers? UGH!

    Off all next week. I'M JEALOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!