Friday, February 04, 2011

Friday Freestyles: Holiday Edition



Going on a Holiday

Gonna make a sign
Hang it on the doorknob of my mind!

Going on a Holiday.


Heading for the Hills
Where I know I'm not the hunted prey.


If you see me
Look into my eyes and read
What the sign has to say:


GETTING OUT OF HERE!!


Going on a Holiday


GETTING OUT OF HERE!!!!


Gonna draw the shades
Let my own sunshine brighten up my day!


GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!


Going on a Holiday

GETTING OUT OF HERE!

I'm Gonna make it home
Cause I know that it's the only way!


If you see me, PLEASE look into my eyes and read!

What the sign has to say!


GETTING OUT OF HERE!
GETTING OUT OF HERE!
GETTING OUT OF HERE!
GETTING OUT OF HERE!


Going
Going
Going
Going
Going
GONE!!!


Going
Going
Going
Going
Going
GONE!!!!!


Yeah babes... That's LadyLee's official vacation song.

You see the parts I like, don't you? They are in BOLD red.

And I can sang it, on key, better than Patti can, man!

Hanging a sign on the doorknob of my mind, drawing the frickin shades, babes.

I know that songs is more about a "mental holiday". Me and Cowgirl Cre were practicing our "mental holiday" yesterday.

"Lil' Lee" does it best.



The cat that hangs out on my front porch has that "mental holiday" look too:



I will be disturbing the cubicle area something terrible, playing that song ALL day!

ALL day long!!

LOL

No, I'll be good. I'll listen in my headphones (I've already bothered my cubicle mate The Cowgirl Cre enough with it, lol)

Yes yes... a whole MONTH off. Today is my last day. I won't return to work until MARCH 7th.

Doing it big like the Queen of England, honey!

And I don't feel bad about it. People take off upwards of 4 to 6 weeks for the holidays. I worked the whole short staffed holiday season AND I worked all summer long. Add to that the lab trip to Arkansas (which was actually great, since I got a chance to meet and hang out with Southern Black Gal), then well, an Oldgirl needs a break.

And when I break, I BREAK.

LOL

I think they may call me and call me back in. I have no back up for what I do. Yeah, dumb management decisions at its very best, but what can you do? Hopefully they will just leave me alone. I'm printing out my leave approval papers with the time stamp on it, and I'm not answering the phone.

I'll still be posting as much as possible.

I was thinking of heading to New Orleans this weekend, but I am bone tired. I may try for next weekend. We will see. I have to make sure I have at least a grand set aside for my cruise later this month. So I have to look at the budget and see if I have a little wiggle room to take my tail down to N'awlins!

So that's my freestyle friday. I want to do backflips and all that, but I'm too tired to do even virtual flips. Sigh.

I will be 41 on Monday!

Glory!

I guess I have to remove the "Forty, Shorty!" in my heading.

I am looking forward to birthday #41. Yes I am! It will be a running around day for me: car emissions, car tag, new drivers license, taxes... all kind of stuff.

But most of all, I'll be glad to see my 41st year. Really.

So ya'll... I'm gonna have a great month!

All Ya'll... You, you, you and you over there, in the front and in the middle-

Have a great weekend!

On purpose!

9 comments:

  1. Change it to Forties Shorties! Ok..maybe not but nothing goes with 41. LOL! A month, wow I wouldn't know how to act. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can change it to: "Forty-one, Son!"

    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A whole month!!! I would love just a DAY to myself lol. I hope you enjoy yourself. REST this weekend and go next week. It will still be there.

    Signed,
    Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Remnants and Chele... I like the "
    Forty-One, Son!"

    LOL

    @My play Mama... MAMA!! *fat tear drops* I'm having a hard time, Mama! I wanted to get to work early so I could get the heck out of dodge but I'm DRAGGING! LAWD help me!

    Yeah, I think I will chill this weekend. I am very discombobulated right now cuz they trying to squeeze as much work out of me as possible. UGH. So I am BONE tired. I need to lay under a rock for a minute!

    But I'm on my way out now... Tell my siblings I love them, and to have a good day at school. You do the same, Mama!

    (and let me know what you think of the Message bible if you get it. It will make your hair stand on your head, honey!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I had a whole month off, they'd have to drag me back! LOL! I bet I'd be so clear headed and rejuvenated though. Umm about this cruise, you know I'm stuffing myself in your luggage right? LOL. It's almost my big sister chicken's born day!! #yayyyy #throwsconfetti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had a whole month off of work. You be good and don't get into any trouble.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy yourself Lady! and Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rest child, rest!! Then get it crunk on the cruise!!!! Oh yeah go to Nawlins too if ya got that wiggle room!! Happy Early Birthday!!! Doing those Rockette High Kicks for you Lee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! And, congratulation on the month off...I know you'll enjoy every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!