Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Labor Day Festivities, Part 3: Burgers... on the Grill

So by the time we got down to "the country", all of the barbequing had been finished.

Or so I thought.

Me and my sister were relaxing in the trailer that sits on the Cre family land, down in the country, down the street from "The Big House", trying our best to catch some of the nice air conditioned atmosphere. It was at least 95 degrees that day.

My sister is a kindergarten teacher, so naturally kids LOVE her. I was watching her conduct a most exciting game of "Simons Says" and "Birds Fly". (I'd never heard of Birds fly. It was quite exciting).

Well in runs one of Cre's cousins. And true to form, we will call him Cousin Cre.

I LOVE some Cousin Cre. He is hilarious! My first question before I attend any event with Cre is... Is your cousin gonna be there?

LOL

Well he runs in, his locks tied high on his head, in a purple tie-dyed African dashiki get-up. He had on Nike sneakers with it.

"Uh, what's up with the Nikes, man?" I asked. "They don't match your African garb."

"I've been to Africa," he said. "They over there wearing flip flops and sneakers."

LOL.

I stand corrected. He travels to the Motherland every year.

Anyway, he'd come into the trailer to retrieve an economy size box of hamburger patties.

"What you 'bout to do, Cousin Cre?" I asked.

"Grill these burgers," he said.

I thought to myself, good. I can let him get situated, then I can go outside and take more pictures.

I was NOT happy about leaving the coolness of the trailer. I'd rather continue laughing and joning out the losing contestants of my sisters games.

So I go outside...

And Cousin Cre is grilling hamburgers alright.





On a George Foreman grill.

I was HORRIFIED!

"Hold up, bruh!" I hollered. "What's up with this? How you gonna be out here plugging up a George Forman grill when there is a perfectly good barbeque grill sitting over there?"

He shook his head. "No baby," he said. "Can't put the burgers on that. That's where that swine was. Can't put the beef where the swine was. This works just fine."




I stood out there, snapping pictures... and still fussing.

There is NOTHING like a nice grilled burger. Nothing like it!

But I don't know why I was complaining. It wasn't like I was going to have a burger.

Sigh.

Man... it's just the principle of the matter.

But the burgers turned out just fine.



I, the Oldgirl, like my bread toasted. And I like lettuce and tomato and onions on mine.


My hamburger needs to look like it came from McDonalds, Wendys or the Burger King.

But I kept my mouth shut.

Like I said, I wasn't having any.

Those burgers were set out in the serving line.



They went FAST. I heard they were good!

Go Cousin Cre... you and your George Foreman grill!

4 comments:

  1. That man was just providing food to the family. LOL George was helping out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL He was serious about not letting those burger touch anything "that swine" touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the first time I've seen a GF grill at a BBQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are trying to feed the masses, you got to make it work!! Oh and his shoes has a purple swoosh to match. I almost fainted because he NEVER wears sneakers. He is one of my favorite cousins. we always have so much fun laughing and acting silly.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!