Monday, June 22, 2015

Good Monday Afternoon


Monday!

I was so happy to get to work this morning. Don't laugh. It is true. I have a lot to do on a project this week, and if I play it right, I will be finished with it within the next 2 weeks. Today is simply a prep day. Full of stuff to do, but it is all prep. And I am good. Today should go by in a flash, and it already is.

I had a quiet weekend.  That's the way I like it. I was trying my best to stay cool. That is hard to do, seeing that the temperature this weekend in the ATL was in the 90s. And it will be in the 90s all week long. Sigh. My house ain't the coolest. I need one of those big 3 ton AC systems. I was all good nevertheless.

I went to church on Saturday night,  and I went to the movies on Sunday.

Movie of the Week.  In light of the prison escape a couple of  weeks ago, I watched The Shawshank Redemption. I love that movie. But this weekend's movie goal was to see...


That was a GREAT movie. Let me rephrase that: the special effects in the movie were GREAT. The storyline was a bit cornball. But this was meant to be an action film. And action there was.

I like to pay the money to see stuff like that in IMAX 3D. No other way to see it!

I think that may have been the first IMAX movie I've seen this year. There are 2 more I want to see this summer. So I need to save up money for that! LOL

Picture of the Week.  Your girl.  Sista Callie Jo.


She got the notion to jump in the dryer. I was folding clothes straight out the dryer. I left the room for something, and when I returned, there she was, in the dryer. In this picture, she's trying to figure out how to get past me, because she knows she shouldn't be in the dryer. She darted past me and hid out for awhile. Humph.

I'm glad only a shirt was left to fold. I would've had to wash things over. I have no time for that.

Song of the Week. I have always liked the rap group Camp Lo for their throwback style. Here's a mashup of the Luchini song with the Bobby Shmurda beat.



That is some awesomeness. It is one of the better blends/mash-ups I've heard in awhile. And I like real rapping. I can understand every word.  But dude with the toothpick in his mouth... that was a bit dangerous

That's it for me.

You know, our President of these beloved United States is about to open up the box on ya'll. First Lady Michelle has already came out the box. And she don't care what you say.

They just had the Prince/Stevie Wonder concert. They are packing up and getting ready to move on out.

They've been disrespected all these years. Hmmm...

Personally, I would say whatever is on my mind... on purpose. They on the president word for saying the word nigga. Heck, he's been called it enough. He has a right to break down what he thinks about the use of it. And he was on point.

I would tell all us ALL what I thought... On purpose.

On purpose... then drop the mike.

Really though.

No apologies. DEAL WITH IT.

The country seems to be at a... fever pitch right now. I don't know what other words to use to describe it. I just hope we all be alright.

And we will.

Holla!

Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!