Friday, January 12, 2007

He's an Original: HASSAN The First ORIGINAL OLDBOY!!



This post is dedicated to one of my blog brothas...

The one...
the only...
HASSAN

And today, on this twelth day of January in the year two-thousand and seven...

I grant him his Original Oldboy Platinum Plus Card...


This card is good not only on the planet earth, but good on every planet in the Solar System, including the sun. It is his now, and I am sure he will use it wisely...
Now, I rarely give out cards... but I've been toying with giving him a card for awhile...
Naw, I ain't trying to run up on him. Nothing like that. We all know how JACKED up them blog crush/romance thingys can be...

Although, the brutha did look sexy to death in the picture below.




He has that "look", you know that "look", the look that's says...
"Come hither, LadyLee, come hither, you Oldgirl you... Let me take those Nikes off and rub those feet... Here's the controller...let's play a little Playstation basketball, Oldgirl, and listen to some Big Daddy Kane.".

Yeah, Hassan... when I saw that pic of you... I don't know, Shorty, you caused this Oldgirl a bit of...
TROUBLE...
Let's just say, I, um, look at it a bit too often...
If you were Hershey Bar dark and ATLien, you would have to go downtown and take out a FEW warrants and restraining orders...
*LadyLee wiping sweat from her eyebrow and turning on the air conditioner.*
Let's just leave it at that...
LOL!!!
But on the real, why am I so down for this man? Why is he so off the chain?
The real question is: Why does this man deserve Original Oldboy Status??
Because he inspires the hell out of me, that's why.
Never in my entire life have I seen a brother take self-assessment so seriously. Never.
I just don't know many folks who take a moment to sit down and assess themselves in every area.
He is the type who will take a GOOD LOOK at himself before he goes pointing fingers at others.
He has gotten me to the point where I am very quick to take a GOOD LOOK at myself before I start tripping out and accusing others.
He's honest to no fault. He's written blog posts that have made this Oldgirl weep and cry and go write out some some things in my personal journals (ya'll know I don't get too personal over here...)
He was the one person who pimp-slapped the hell out of me a year ago for wailing and screeching on my blog about my lil' brother Milk and Cookies joining the military...
My brotha, you are the man, the man with the plan, knowing what to say, when to say it, and how to say it... and you bypass the ego stroking BS when you do it...
And for that, Shorty? You get your card...
No, this ain't no clickish thang.... (Ya'll know how much I HATE clicks!!! UGGH!)
This is a "You INSPIRE me" type of thang.
You inspire me, Hassan. No, you're not perfect (who out there is?)...
But you are always looking... through your crying, through your happiness, through your sadness, through your anger...
Through it all...
You're always searching, seeking, looking...
trying to figure out how to become a better YOU...
Always looking to, as I like to say... Work that ish out!!
When I think you can go no deeper?
You throw the shovel to the side...
And you go get the bulldozer and you dig deeper...
All this week, with your posts, you've been straight jacking up this Oldgirl's heart, spirit, and soul... Your words stay on my mind day in and day out.
And your words, your thoughts, your poetry, and your encouragement...
Make this Oldgirl LadyLee... a BETTER Oldgirl...
(And I know that Original Oldgirl Chele can testify to that...)


So congratulations, you Original Oldboy... use your card wisely, i.e.,
Keep spitting the knowledge and keep keeping it real...
Because we are ALL benefiting from it...
Really though...
~LL, the Oldgirl.

8 comments:

  1. Hassan is real! He's blogging with purpose, passion and a voice. Listen up you young folk trying' to find your way this man has been through many life experiences. Congratulations!

    http://www.ruhoffman.blogspot.com/
    Voice on Miscellaneous Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words...

    Really.

    Usually I'm long winded.

    All I can say is that I'm flattered and:

    THANK YOU.

    I will use my Original Oldboy Platinum card wisely.
    Right after I get porcelian veneers and a set of rims.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so damn ticked off right about now. Me and DJ have been asking for a Platinum Card for how long?!
    I'm happy for Hassan, however when I see you Ladylee, it's on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you S23...what kinda bullshiiiiiii!????

    Good for you Hassan....

    But Leezie my neezy...it's on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rosemarie...

    Really though...

    @ that Oldboy Hassan...

    You're welcome... it is loonngg overdue, bruh.

    @S23 and THE DJ DIVA...

    Stop that whining... You're breaking Oldgirl law#1 - "Those that whineth for a card doth not gettest a card"

    And plus S, you get yours when you turn 30. Sit your butt on the curb and keep clutchin' your "Oldgirl-in-training" card.

    Ya'll talkin' trash about what you gonna do when you see...

    Brang it on, you chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I been waiting on that damn card at least a year now. And I still got a year before I hit 30! Now mail me my card NOW dammit! Oh and hey Hassan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Serenity...

    "And I still got a year before I hit 30!"

    You said it, not me... and that says it all...

    Conversation over...ya chicken;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. so what's the excuse for me? shoot I'm hitting my mid thirties in 2 months...

    go on ahead with your secretclubandonlythe cool kids can join....can't buy nothing with that platinum card no way!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!