Friday, November 02, 2007

Foto Fridays II

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and you know how longwinded-ed an Oldgirl is...

More photos for ya...

Before we even start... Be sure to eat some fruit today:




It is good for you, you know.
And most of all it keeps you regular! Yeah, if you didn't know... I'm a fruit fanatic. I have to be one, especially if I'm sitting around taking pics of my lunch (Who on earth does such a thing besides the Oldgirl?)


I always wanted a black phone for the wall in the kitchen... Ma would never buy the sleek black wall phone back in the 80's, so uh, I decided to get one. I bought this one for $7.99!
And as you can see, I had to let that go. The coily cord was cramping my style. So I went and bought a cordless phone. Sigh. I think I am succumbing to modern techonolgy.


As I get older, the 1% Diva in me likes to have her way. I have a thing for fresh flowers right now.



Like I said, I love fresh flowers. Especially cheap fresh flowers. Those are Alstromeria. I get those for $3.99 at the White People's Kroger, and they last for a good 10 days. Can't buy them at the Black People's Kroger because they SUCK! They die off in 3 days!Uggh! I try to support my folks, but DANG!

Finally... Tiny rang my cell phone one day. I almost decided not to answer it, but this doesn't work with him. He will keep blowing up my phone until I answer it..

"Lee!"
"What, boy?"
"What chu doin'?"
**silence**
"Come outside and look at something. I want you to see something."


This pissed me off something terrible. It was hot as hell outside that day. I was in the house, in the bed, taking a PHAT nap in the comfort of the super coolness of my air conditioner. So I got up and went outside and saw this:


A laptop in his car.

And it was a bootleg set up at that. He drilled a hole in the floorboard of his car and situated a pole just right and sat the laptop on top on a plywood base somehow.

"I can hook you up like that, Lee."
**silence**
"It's not that hard," he continued.
I shook my head. "Tiny, are you crazy?"


But I got to thinking. I could get some writing done while I was driving, especially while creeping along in traffic, and-.

I shook my head and blinked hard, trying to clear those thoughts out of my head.

But it is a thought, hunh?

LOL!

You all have a fantastic weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:36:00 PM

    That damn Tiny. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, why would one need a sleek black wall phone when they don't like to get calls nor answer the phone? Boggles my mind... And Tiny needs to find something productive to do with his time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Lee! I'm weak as hell! LOL Girl, I got me a black phone for the kitchen, too. I had too, though, to get my alarm system set up...the cable folks didn't do something right. (got phone service through them) Idjits! Tiny and that car..I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dat Southern Gal...

    Yeah. Tiny got a few isshas.

    @Serenity...

    No I don't answer the phone much... BUT I WANTED A SLEEK BLACK PHONE FOR THE KITCHEN WALL... YOU HATER.

    @Kayla..

    Stick with the regular phone company, hon... Cable peeps got you messed up...

    That phone DID NOT last long... It's funny how we are sooo accustomed to cordless these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so crackin' up. Have I said you should be on Radio? This is the mess folk need to hear on a bad day in traffic. Ya hear!

    Everyone should have a wall phone in addition to the wireless for when the electricity goes out.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!