Thursday, December 10, 2009

Vision Board, Part II

I posted a picture of my vision board yesterday. I made it up in early 2008, as part of my journaling group activity.

There's a vision statement in fine print on the right hand side, a statement which I call my inner thremostat.

I think we are who we appear to be to people, but there is always the fine print of our lives. What does the "fine print" of LadyLee's life say?

More importantly, what do I want the fine print of my life to say?

That fine print on my vision board reads:

I am 100% healthy in my body, soul, and spirit. I acknowledge God in all my ways, and I seek Him before I make any decisions, big or small. I am a blessing to my family and to those that God sends across my path. I am an incredible asset to my friends. I am a good listener. I am an excellent employee, and I not only work hard, but I work smart. I take time to periodically evaluate myself, and I make changes accordingly. I stick and hold fast to the path God has charted out for my life. I accept and openly welcome constructive criticism, as I know it will help me become "a better me". I am a good steward, a fine manager over the finances He has blessed me with, to the point that God knows He can trust me.

Interesting.

You know, I've memorized that, and read it often.

And each time I ponder it, or read it, I see something different.

This personal vision statement is something I culled from my personal diaries, after reading many entries and assessing the subject matter, i.e., taking note of the things that were concerning me emotionally, spiritually, and mentally.

Of course I'm not all I've just written. It is where I want to be. It is the direction I want to go. The inner thermostat is set. The inner temperature isn't there yet, but it is getting there.

I've always thought that I would expand it, but I haven't. I have vision statements for my writing and other areas of my life, but the statement above seems to be the very core of the matter.

If I can strive for what I have just written, then I think I will be running in a positive direction at all times.

And that is all I can ask for.

So, I've posted this a little early, as I wanted to do 40 things I've understood about myself and life, leading up to my 40th birthday. It will be a "food for thought blow out" (which that doggone Serenity is so looking forward to, as she is the gatekeeper of the food for thought posts in the smurfy House of LadyLee).

But I think you will find some of what I have to say about myself pretty interesting...

I have a few other posts to get out of the way before we get into all that.

But the new year is about to begin.

And I'd like to suggest that you get your own vision board together. I myself thought it was a silly idea when it was first suggested. I am a tomboy, and I don't like touchy-feely stuff. And I had NO idea what I'd put on such a thing.

But it's interesting how what's in your heart can come out on paper.

It don't have to be anything fancy. Take a notecard and scratch some things on it, and place it up on your bathroom mirror and ponder it while you brush your teeth. Vision boards are vision boards, whether elaborate and glittery, or plain jane.

Do you.

For we all have dreams and desires.... we all long to improve in some area of our lives....

Right??

Right.

Have a great day...

And have a vision... on purpose.

9 comments:

  1. You're not a touchy-feely person? Really???? Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chele... no I am NOT a touchy-feely female. Not at ALL.

    I find it VERY funny if you think of me as such. LOL!!! HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're "touchy and feely" -- any genuine giver from the heart is--and that you are -- you're not "sappy" or a "sissy' -- but you are a "touch feely" tomboy --LOL!

    I'm gonna to that vision poster thing and I'm with you --not into the sappy stuff --with kids I have all sorts of poster boards, glue, a virtual crafts store...and two zillion magazines that need to be thrown out --so I'll peruse them and cut and clip...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it --I type to fast...got some grammar laden typos in my comments...I did finish the 6th grade... I did...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and will be getting my poster together soon. Already have the materials and constantly gathering ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop Fibbing Dr LadyLee! :-)

    She is a touchy, feely, smurfy type. Don't let her pull you leg or tell you otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Ms.Blackliterature.com...

    Oh be quiet, Sherri!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I worked on a vision board for the first time a couple of months ago. Before I entered blog land, I had never heard of such a thing. When I finally decided to do it, I had Alyssa sit and think of what the kind of person she wanted to be and the kinds of things she wanted to do/have in her life over the next two years. We both put our individual boards together and had a blast sharing with each other.

    I think I may post my board now.

    Oh yeah...I'm over here excited to read all the food for thought. You're such a wise woman..thanks for sharing it with us!

    Aretha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:44:00 AM

    Has ground an attractive position due to the fact that fans of "hot"
    Settle it was suitable to me :)
    [URL=http://asianteen.bravehost.com]asian teen[/URL]
    It is preposterous in favour of minors :P

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!