Monday, December 28, 2020

The Last Monday of the Year...

 'Tis the last Monday of the year.

And I want to make sure I post this week, as much as possible. 

I have NO plans for the week. None at all. As a matter of fact, I am even on leave from work this week. But I will still be working because I have a report to write, well half of a report. I don't have the data for the other half. Someone at work, who wants to be at work, is working on that. He is off for 2 weeks, so I am taking this time to just catch up and have my thoughts together for when he gets back next week. 

Today, I ventured out to the grocery store. I needed to pick up a prescription. And do some shopping. I needed a couple of things but I ended up spending much more than I cared to. Is it just me or are groceries much more expensive now?  I do better if I just get grocery delivered. Really.  And I think that will be the situation for the new year.

While on the HIGHLY gentrified side of the neighborhood, I ventured out to a local salad bar. LadyTee recently visited it, and she had rave reviews. The name of the salad bar is Salata.


I walked in there and immediately thought, good gracious alive, I bet these gentrifying white folks LOVE this. Man oh man, they have upwards of 50 toppings for your salad. 50!!! Whew. Their motto, eat good, look good, feel good is an understatement. 

Personally, I saw Salata on ubereats and they had a salad dressing I like: Jalepeno Avocado. I saw that I could order a jar of it. And since I'd been doing my grocery shopping at a Publix in the same plaza, I decided to go investigate as it first opened, when there weren't many people in there. (This has to be only the second or third time I have walked into an establishment for takeout since the pandemic started. It is highly unnerving).

I think I paid $10 for my salad and $7 for the dressing. Talking about something GOOD. Wow. I got two huge meals out of it, as I ate half the salad for lunch and half for dinner. Wow. I usually make my salads at home, but I will be ordering from them from time to time, if only for the jar of dressing. 

But that was the gist of the day. I came home and did some reading and watched a little television. The day went by in a blur, I tell you.  Pretty much like the year. Ugh. 

Movie of the WeekSoul by Disney Pixar


I have watched a lot of movies and episodes of anything this year, and I am always glad to see a good movie with a good message. This had it all. There were quite a few black characters, but Disney still has some work to do on that. But it was overall good. It is about a middle school music teacher who has regrets about his dreams and learns the lesson of finding ones purpose.  It is something that will most likely go over little kids heads, but it made me think about my own purposes and goals. 

I'm not going into a big critique/description, etc.  Watch it and make up your own mind. I know one thing: animation is coming a long way. The new innovations... wow!

Song of the Month.  Busta Rhymes and  Q-Tip "Don't Go"

I think I like this song because it is calm. And they are not mumbling. I think I am getting old. And Busta and Q-Tip are my age. Busta is 48 and Q-Tip is 50. So I just think we are all in the same age group and they are making something I like, lol.

I must say... I don't really listen to as much music as I use to. Sigh. I like older music. I can't tell you what the hot 2020 songs right now. Nor do I care. 

That is all for now. I promised myself that I would write for at least 30 minutes a day, just to have a record of my thoughts and issues faced this year. I can do that, can't I?  I know it would turn into me needing a good hour or two a day to lay out the good and bad of the year. But it has all been on my mind... 

This covid season has been... whew! 

Have a good Monday... and a good final week of the year... 

On purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!