Tuesday, December 29, 2020

The Last Ten Tuesday Thoughts of 2020

 Here we go.  The very last Tuesday of the year is worthy of ten thoughts. Of course it is.

1. I tell you what: I am sick and tired of these doggone senate campaign commercials. I counted, and there are about 20 of them per hour running on our local channels. If that is not a commercial in itself for using the streaming services, I don't know what is. Ugh.

2. Sadly, I think both Orrsof and Warnock will lose.  This is a southern state. 

3. I have done a TON of writing during this covid season. I have almost completed a short novel. I am happy for that, especially since I don't care to write long form fiction. There is just so much to think about. 

4. I haven't read as much as I like. But I do well when I read an hour a day. I think I enjoy the ability to sit and be still and quiet for an hour moreso than the reading itself. I feel like I just need to chill with no noise. Just me and the book, and not the busyness of the noise from the TV or streaming music service.

5. Wednesdays and Saturdays are my clothes washing days. I went rogue today on a Tuesday and washed two loads of clothes. If that's not living on the wild side, I don't know what is. 

6. My master bedroom is on the first level of my house. To punch a little variety in my life during these times, I will sleep upstairs a couple of times a week. It is funny, because sometimes I wake up and it takes me a minute to figure out where I am. LOL

7. I have the spotify streaming service for my music streaming, but I think I listen to the same 100 songs over and over again. Sigh. 

8. When I read, I like to highlight words I have never heard, or I can't pronounce. Some of the words I have highlighted from the latest book I am reading: accreted, pedantically, pilloried, truncheon,  counterrevolutionaries, archetypal. I look up the word and I hear it pronounced. I like to think I am increasing my vocabulary, but I know I will never use these words again. 

9. My cats Mitch and Callie have had me around for the past 10 months. They like to use me as some type of prop.  It's like they are saying, "Instead of laying in my cat bed, I am just going to lay on LadyLee."

10. I don't feel like I've accomplished much this year, but in these covid times, it seems like not catching the virus and staying alive is one heckuva accomplishment. 

Okay, that is the very last Ten Tuesday Thoughts.

It only took me about 20 minutes to do. 

And that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!