Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day 2022!

Happy Valentine's Day to You! 


Valentine's Day 2022 is amongst us. It has been a good day. I had a doctor's appointment today. It went alright, but I am squeamish these days about sitting in a full waiting room. Sigh. But I was double masked with a cloth mask with inserts over a KN95. That is all I can do. 

I did a little Walmart shopping at a Walmart that pretty much forces you to check out your own grocery. I prefer to go to a real cashier, just to support their job. But oh well. I am getting use to that.

I came home and worked for awhile. Imagine my surprise looking out the window and seeing something moving slowly up the street...


The mounted police!

They are in the neighborhood, but I usually see them on the toney side of the neighborhood. Never on my street. And I think it is a good way to get out and interact with the people in the neighborhood. The quiet brothers across the street had a good convo and petted the horses. I wish my nephew Justin was here. He would have loved that.

I see the mounted police from time to time. I have ended up driving behind them as they mosey along. I want to holler, "Moooovvve!!", but I don't dare blow my horn. I am not getting into it with the police or horses.

The children love them. They sing Lil' Nas X's "Old Town Road" to the Horses. It is quite interesting. 

I left later on and went for a short walk. I did 2.50 miles today, which is a short walk for me.  Lately I have been walking 4 miles. Imagine that! 

My sister came over yesterday and we spent the better part of the day together. That is the best Valentine's Day present yet. I think we both needed some down time, and a little time together. We attended virtual church and we watched some TV. I was just happy to see my sister.

Let's hope that next Valentine's day this pandemic will be in the past.

Let's hope AND pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!