Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Notes from the Peanut Gallery

So... I was sitting in my cubicle, minding my own business. I decided to roll over to my favorite author Tayari Jones' blog to see what was up, and I come across this...



**crickets**

I left her a comment:
"You know I'm going snatch that pic and throw it on my blog and TALK ABOUT YOU! LOL!"

You know how the Oldgirl does it...

I glanced over my shoulder at my cubicle mate Cowgirl Cre. She was busy doing some paper work.

"Cre," I said. I pointed at the screen. "Look at this chick."

Cre rolled her chair over my way. She stared blankly at the screen.

And the commentary.

From the Peanut Gallery.

Began.


Cowgirl Cre: "What's up with those boots, girl?"
LadyLee: "I have no idea."

*a few moments of silence*

Cowgirl Cre: "Well, she could have an alternative profession."
LadyLee: "No, she wouldn't be a good table dancer. Look how close the heel of that boot is to the table. **Lee pointing as monitor with an ink pen**"One more inch and she's on the floor. She don't need to be dancing in nobody's club."

*silence*

LadyLee: "You know, Cre, if she falls, she's gonna take out that computer screen and that printer."
Cowgirl Cre: **silently nods**
LadyLee: "And look out that window. She is way up high. One wrong move, and she's knocking all that stuff over and falling out that window."

LadyLee: "I bet I know what she do. She takes that damn pink fur coat everywhere she goes. Then she buys stuff that matches it."
Cowgirl Cre: "Yep."

Coworker "T" walks up and stares at screen. She places her hands on her hips, and ponders aloud.

Coworker T: "She sure likes her shoes, don't she?"
LadyLee: "Sure does. And she likes that pink fur coat, too."

*LadyLee pondering about whether she should be talking about the pink fur coat. It may be the only coat that Tayari owns. Lady ponders whether she should crochet Tayari a coat.*

LadyLee: "I bet those boots are real pink leather. And that black on the boot... that's black suede."
Coworker T: "She paid big money for those boots."
LadyLee: "No she didn't. They were on sale. Who wants pink and black boots?"

[Update: Tayari sent me the link for the boots... and the matching purse. **crickets**]

LadyLee: "You know, if you put a few of those little pink fur puff balls on the boots, and throw a baton in her hand... she'd be ready to lead the marching band!!"

*Cowgirl Cre laughs hard.*

And it goes on and on... and on.

Tayari posted these pics because it was the last day of the semester at Rutgers, where she teaches creative writing... She wanted to show her glee!


Naw... That's not the reason she's so excited.

She has to be happy because she's getting her **Original Oldgirl** Platinum Plus card real soon...

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I *wish* I could have gotten those boots on sale. You forget, Miz Lee, that I wear a size 11. I have to get the shoes as soon as they come available.

    And you're right.. that was a pretty precarious perch. But I tend to lose my mind a little bit at the end of the term!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tayari...

    Yo, don't you EVER do that again. I bet that little stunt of yours made your Mama gasp... Cut that out! You're lucky you didn't fall and break bones!

    But you would make a great Majorette!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:32:00 AM

    cool shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!