Sunday, August 08, 2010

Day Seven - Your Best Friend

Man... ya'll know who my best friend is.
Tam,
aka

LADYTEE


LadyTee and LadyLee go THIRTY Years deep. Thirty Years. Since the age of 10. Thirty years.

Honey Chile, that's a long time.

What makes our friendship work?

There is absolutely no judgment and no expectations.

Period.

Our friendship is the measuring stick for all my other friendships.

If you want treatment that LadyTee herself don't get, guess what: You will not be getting.

You're just not that special.

LadyTee is beyond special.

For her 40th birthday, I posted 40 reasons why she's my BFF.

I think I will post the top 10 here

I can talk to her about anything.

She does not judge me.

She loves me with no strings attached.

She takes pride in knowing me better than I know my ownself.

I can be myself around her.

She has stood up to my mother when I wouldn't or couldn't.

She reminds me be thankful in all things.

She reminds me to work on putting God first.

When I need support, I think of God first, and then I think of LadyTee.

She prays for me.

She listens to the sound of my voice, and automatically knows that I'm upset... no matter how much I try to fake it.

She loves me when I feel that no one else does.

She loves me even when I am being STUPID.

She loves me more than I love myself.


Over the course of 30 years, she has proven herself to be an excellent friend.

That's my homegirl, my BFF... forever and always.


6 comments:

  1. now that's a FRIEND! if we get one person like that in our lives we are lucky..real friends are far and few between...even Forrest Gump knew that when he said "Bubba is my goodest best friend, and even I know that ain't something you find right around the corner"..or something like that, don't quote me...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick, LadyTee is a "sister of the heart." You too are really blessed to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:25:00 AM

    Wonderful! We all need a "LadyTee" in our life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best friends rock don't they!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:01:00 PM

    beautiful friendship--hold tight!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!