Friday, May 03, 2013

Friday Freestyles

What a week.

A most interesting week at that.

And it's about to be over.

It's Friday. And the only thing that would make it better was if it was a payday.

Out of a 40 hour workweek, I think I've only worked maybe 25 hours. And we are not busy at work at all, so it's been a lot of clock watching and trying to keep busy.

I've had a dentist appointment and some doctor's appointments. I like my appointments at 9:30 in the morning or around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Didn't work out like that this week. There is nothing worse than having a doctor's appointment in the middle of the day. It stresses me out to go to work, go to the doctor, then come back to work. That's just wrong. Especially 3 days in a row. So I just lounge around at home until it is time for me to go.  At least the dentist appointement was at 4 in the afternoon. So I could work then leave early and go.

I know I have driven a good 200 miles combined in Pam and Lucy Jr. over the past 3 days. That's odd, since I fill my gas tank once every 3 weeks. But I made it through the week. I have one appointment next week. That's cool. None of this 3 appointments a week business ever again.

Alright. That's probably some ol' high class problem type of thing. But it's just what's on my mind right now. I have found that I don't like when my schedule is topsy-turvy. I like a calm schedule. But it's not always that way.

Lunch of the Week.  Me and my vegetables.

That was a small salad I needed some stir-fry to balance that out. I had the itis after eating. The itis and gas!

Salad with my mock chicken salad.

That was good... and pretty. For some odd reason, I've been dicing pineapple and adding it to my salads. Along with nectarines. It does give the salad a zing!

I get my mock chicken salad at Whole foods. $11 a pound. I usually get 5 dollars worth and I make it last for a good week. Good stuff. It's their best seller over in the deli department.

Quote of the Week. I posted a story titled I, John Smith yesterday.  Rhapsody Phoenix left an interesting comment, from which I cull my quote of the week.

"So many of us can't see the forest for the trees, so often mistaking the weeds as trees."

My goodness. Ain't it the truth.

Song of the WeekThis is my official cubicle song of the moment... I plan on harassing cubicle mate the CowgirlCre with it on a daily basis.



Dude is killing it with the picolo solo... or recorder or flute... whatever that is. He is getting down!

I was snapping my fingers extra hard to that.

Cowgirl Cre was not as enthused as I was. eyes were wide as saucers when I played that.

"You just need the Partridge family bus to pull up out front!"

LOL! It does sound like something off the Partridge family show. Some of you may be too young to remember that.

It is the prostitute Wendy's theme music in one of the episodes of Breaking Bad. It was playing while she was walking from car to car handling her, uh... oral business.

Hmmm.

Anyway, my REAL song of the week. Some Jill Scott in Paris!



I like that song. It's the long long version!

I think I will harass Cowgirl Cre by singing that song right there. She doesn't seem to mind that much.

That's all my freestyle thoughts for the week.

It's suppose to rain here in the ATL this weekend. Reports are saying that we will get upwards of 3 inches of rain. I don't see myself getting out in that. It would be nice to go to the library.

I really want some sunshine. Really.

But whether it's a beautiful sunny day or a dreary rainy day... I am more than thankful for the day itself.

With that said... Have a good weekend. By design and on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!