Thursday, January 14, 2021

Christmas Dinner 2020 Revisited

 I meant to post my Christmas dinner for last year.  It has been on my mind because it was unusually simple.  

And I was alone.

I made two pans of dressing. 

I only wanted a small side of dressing, but I don't know how to make a small amount.  Those are 8 inch pans, and the dressing is only a half inch thick, so I guess that is small. It was chicken and sausage dressing. I gave some to a friend, and froze the rest. It was SO good. 

I had baked chicken and a salad. 

This covid season, I have loved what I call a "juicy salad". 
That is a salad made with baby salad greens, blueberries, blackberries, diced green apples, and nuts and dried cranberries. I squeeze the juice from half an orange over it. It was so good. I really enjoyed it. 

That was my meal on Christmas. Alone. I say that because I remember Christmases with family, and due to covid, that's not possible. I enjoyed it, nevertheless. I don't remember much else about the day. I think I worked on one of my crochet projects and watched television. I think I watched the new Wonder Woman movie. 

I remember it being a nice day. 

And I am thankful for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!