Monday, January 11, 2021

Monday Night Musings

 Whew wee! This year has started off with a bang. Literally.

My sister called me on January 6th, and ask if I was alright. It was about 1:30 pm in the afternoon, and I'd just finished up a workplace zoom meeting. I turned on the television and the folks at the capitol were breaking in. Ugh.

"Lisa, are you alright?" my sister asked. 

"Girl don't nobody care about that! Damn them rioters! We took the Senate!"



"Oh, right," she said. 

THAT was the big news to me that day. The state turned completely blue. The state went blue for the presidential AND the senate. Who would have thought that could happen. That was like threading a needle.  And it was completely overshadowed by the terroristic activity at the US Capitol. 

They couldn't' even celebrate their wins, with the mess and the covid going on. But that ain't all that  important right now. Georgia is BLUE.

Then the president called and tried to shake down our Sec of State. And that didn't work out well at all. 

Then the weekend came and we saw what was happening, with all the cellphone footage. This "insurrection" (gee, a new pretty sanitized word), is much much deeper than it looks. Man oh man, this felt like an inside job. Will we ever know?

This could have been super tragic. SUPER tragic. I really think they came to hurt some folks, or worse. 

I mean, they constructed some gallows at the Capitol.


Ands someone brought a guillotine to the Arizona Capitol.. 


Ugh.  You got to be real entitled and crazy to bring a guillotine out. 

January is going to be a long month. The goal right now is to get through the Inauguration.

The President said he wasn't attending the Inauguration.  GOOD. Go wherever you are going to go. Go away. 

And what's CRAZY is the shutdown of ALL his social media. ALL. Wow. 

Even Pinterest. How do you get banned from Pinterest? Is there something going on on there that I don't know about? Because I usually just look up recipes on Pinterest. The president can't look up recipes? OH MY!

Let's get through this time. 

Hopefully getting control of the pandemic will become of importance once the new administration takes over. 

I pray it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!