Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Boy on the Sofa

I've got a problem with this...


I've got such a problem with this...








I've got a big freakin' problem with this...
>

I've had a probelm with my brother lounging hard on my microsuede off-white sofa. Heck, I am still making payments on the darn thing.















The bit of the diva in me was horrified by the mix-matched military socks and the ashy knees...


Even though the socks were clean (supposedly) I knew he'd been running around doing military drills at one time or another in those socks, and they were on his feet now, which were casually slung over the top of my sofa...

My beloved cat Oscar-Tyrone has seen the wrath of my madness many a time in nine years. So he anticipated a confrontation and decided to get as far as possible from any possible commotion that may develop from my anger... He chooses to watch us from one of his favorite spots (the beam over the living room)



I decided not to tackle my brother and throw him off of the sofa. This worked when he was three or four. When he was that young, I could snatch him up with one hand, spank his butt, and watch him cry. He was a big dude now. Couldn't snatch him up like that anymore.

Instead, I talked to him quite a bit...

"Kari, man, my sofa, man... be careful on my sofa, man."

His constant response...

"Awww Shawty, you'll be alright!"




*Lee kicking the hardcore Ms. Sophia scowl and balling up fist*

"Well at least cover it with a sheet," I suggested.

That worked... for awhile. After a few days, the sheet was on the other side of the sofa somewhere. Oscar-Tyrone saw that the boy didn't get in much trouble for lounging on my couch... So he (Oscar) decided to join him...

Now, the two of them would sit there and mean-mug me every day...




Humph...

But right now, at this very moment, I'd give anything to have the ashy-kneed lil' boy lounging on my couch...

Because 3 weeks ago, the day after the Labor day he switched from Army Reserve to active duty, and he lives on base now...



I must admit I miss that ashy-kneed boy... My sofa looks strange without him there...

I miss him, so, so much...

To be continued...

4 comments:

  1. Um sorry to break it to you Ladylee, but you can't whip him if you tried. And you better get rid of Oscar if he's testing you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Girl, I was going to mention his ashy knees. I was looking at the picture thinking, "I know she didn't put him out there like that with those ashy knees!" LOL I saw further down you mentioned it, so...

    I wish him well with his move to active duty. It's no joke and usually isn't what most "youngsters" these days think it is. I hope he gets the best out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up on my microsuede joint thinking I can have one and two cats...

    I'm just getting back to Chicago to stay for a while and I realized that my little sister and brother are all married with kids and mortgages and stuff...

    I love my in-laws, but I miss my lil sibs...

    Dang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:22:00 PM

    That was too sweet. Please send that boy some lotion.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!