Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A Ladylee Labor Day...

So how was my Labor day??

First of all my cat Oscar-Tyrone was PISSED that we were all at home on a weekday...





He has that look that says "What the %#@&* are all of you loud negroes doing in MY house on a weekday?"

You know how I do. You know I barbequed it up. No shrimp or crabs this time. I do that moreso for my relatives, and we didn't get together this holiday. No typical fixings either, just side salads...






I walked 4 miles around the track with my bruh "Milk and Cookies". He had one more pound to lose before his weigh-in that afternoon for processing for active military duty... I was there for morale support... I did NOT feel like walking in the hot sun on my day off... But I did it anyway. I read while I walk, so no big deal.

I even got out in the yard, pulled the lawn mower out, and cut the grass!!


Yeah right!!!

Ya'll know I don't fool around with yardwork. I am 99% Tomboy, 1% DIVA.

Which means I DO NOT cut grass. You better go head on somewhere with the idea of THAT.

Heck, I don't even have a lawn mower. I did what I ALWAYS do... I watched my neighbors Paul and Stan cut the grass.

My yard was getting an inch higher than usual... I stepped out on my front porch the other day and I wanted to yell at them...

"Hey, ain't ch'all gonna get out here and cut this damn grass anytime soon? Geez!!!"

No, I would never say that. I am not that crass. (Thought about it though, LOL).

(As you can tell, I am completely and utterly SPOILED rotten!!!)


They do such an excellent job. I am very much thankful for that. They caught wind of me thinking about buying a lawnmower and sort of went off on me about it. That convo they had with me about it was not all that pretty. But Shorties, if you want to cut the grass that bad, go head on and do the darn thing!!



Stan said something quite interesting...

"LadyLee, bet you didn't think you would have 2 half naked white men living next door to you, did ya??"

I was flipping and basting the ribs when he said that. Almost dropped one after that comment.

Heck, I thought to myself... Ya'll can run around here butt-naked if you want to... As long as you cut that grass and keep my yard tight!!! Do your thizzle!!

LOL!!!



And I almost yelled...

"Hey, fetch a broom and sweep up the grass clippings from my driveway, Stan!!!"

I would NEVER say anything like that!

If those dudes could read my mind though, I'd be in some SERIOUS trouble! LMAO!!!

I ended my day with a loooonng, hotttt soak in the Jacuzzi...

Oh yeah, baby!!! Ain't nothin' like it!!!!

Anyway, that's my Labor day.

I'm being a trifling Oldgirl and taking the day (Tuesday) off. I do have a bad headache, so technically, I am sick...

Stay tuned for the continuation of "My Vida Loca... the miniseries."

Hope you had a lovely Labor day too :)

~LL~

5 comments:

  1. Feel better and enjoy your extra day off. Try not to piss off the cat with your presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your Labor Day. Girl, when I come to the ATL, I'm looking you up, cause your food always looks delicious! A sista wants to find out if it's true! LOL I hope you feel better. I'm feeling like crap myself, but I don't want to lay down anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chele...

    Ha! The cat was pissed most of the day... he went into hiding. He's better now...

    I felt better around 10 o'clock after an insane headache. I decided to stay home anyway.

    @Kayla...

    Come on by, Kayla!! We'll get the grill going for ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:44:00 PM

    Lookie-here Ms Lady Lee,

    You had all day today to update us with Part 3. I checked this morning, no update. Lunchtime, no update. It's 10pm... and we're still waiting for our update. What gives??

    :::grumbing in the background:::

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sherri... ms.blackliterature.com...


    HAAAA! you're funny!!!

    "A ladylee Labor day..." was a commercial break...

    Am I suppose to do 2 posts in one day???

    *crickets*

    yeah right...

    Your panties are all in a bunch... chill! LOL!!!!

    ....finished it last night, will post this morning, homie!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!