Happy Valentines Day 2019!
And here are TWELVE thoughts... on this special commerce holiday!
1. I am not booed up on this holiday. I am good with that, though. This is a manufactured holiday. How many fights gonna bust out over somebody not getting what they thought that she should be getting?
2. But I have had some great and memorable valentine's days, and I hope to have many more in the future.
3. Fun day; My Mama said I took my first steps on Valentine's day 1971. So I have been walking for 48 years today.
4. Some days I pray while walking to the workplace from my car. This is rare, but it was cold this morning, and I needed to pray to get my head right. This morning my prayer was "I know it's Valentine's day, a day to celebrate love, but God I thank you for loving me and taking care of my every day, 365 days a year." That prayer brought a tear to my eye. Not sure why I got emotional in that moment. But sometimes it is just a good thing to take a moment and acknowledge God and His goodness, and spend a couple of moments meditating on that before the hustle and bustle of the day takes over.
5. Here's a memory I will always keep which happened on this valentine's day: A couple of the brothers in the cubicle area passed out red roses to the women in the cubicle area. I thought that was very kind of them.
6. What was funny was that some of the other men in the cubicle area were getting an attitude about not getting one. (Hopefully they were joking. That may have not been the case...hmm).
7. Here's a picture of some squash I made this past weekend.
9. I did not really give out Valentine's gifts in the workplace, mostly because folks who don't get nothing from me might want to talk trash, and I didn't want to have to pop suckas upside their heads. But I gave this to one of my favorite coworkers.
How cool is that? A Patti Labelle mini pie. Only 50 cents. That is a hard gift to give, because some people do not like sweet potato pie.
10. I am acting supervisor next week. Ugh. I am NOT impressed with being acting supervisor. That means folks will be bothering me. Ugh.
11. I need to drink more water. I do not know what my problem is lately, but I do not want to end up back in the hospital. LAWD NO.
12. Favorite song this week, as I have not heard in a long time:
Such a great song. It came on when last night when I pulled my car into the garage and I was reading my mail (I have some weird habit of reading my mail in the car). It was just great to sit there and listen to it until it went off.
I remember that is one of the first songs I heard when I was little, where a woman was moaning in a song, and I remember thinking... "Um, I don't think I'm suppose to be listening to this. LOL
But I do not think that this song will work too well in this #metoo error. Hmmm....
Okay, those are my Thursday Thoughts on Valentine's day!
Happy Valentines day!