On a snowed-in Thursday.
And here we go!
1. The best thing about being snowed in is that I won't be out and about spending money. This is not a been an overwhelming problem for me, but has been a slight concerned lately.
2. The worst thing about being snowed in: if we have our work laptops, we must telework. I guess this is okay, as I will get some things done. But I must admit that it is difficult to police myself.
3. I had the strangest dream this morning. I was up in Detroit for some reason, but I had to get back to Atlanta because I had to give a big chemistry talk the next morning AND I had to bring a dish for a workplace potluck. Seeing that it was late in the evening, I was a bit stressed because I would literally need to miss my morning flight and jump in my car and DRIVE to Atlanta. And that's a 12 hour drive. At that point, I woke up. And I was relieved that it was all a dream. But I am wondering what the dream means. (Maybe it means that I don't need to sleep with the TV on).
4. I had that dream twice. The second time I woke up, I figured I needed to get up out of bed and start my day. I have no idea what that dream means. Sigh.
5. It is 19 degrees this morning. That's a rare thing in the ATL.
6. I watched the The Assassination of Versace: An American Crime Story last night. It was interesting, but it may be something I have to binge watch when the complete series is out. Meaning, I'm neither here nor there concerning it. It is a decent watch, though.
7. Being snowed in has wrecked my eating and exercise plan. There is way too much mindless snacking going on.
8. But I had a great salad for dinner last night.
That's raw kale, craisins, golden beets and pecans. I had a superfood salad from Farm Burger and I promised myself I would duplicate it. I did my best. (There's is much better than mine). But it was GREAT. I may just have it again tonight.
9. Golden Beets. Golden Beets are AWESOME. I cooked them for the first time, and it was quick and easy!
10. Speaking of Farm Burger, there's a location coming to my neighborhood! Oxtail marmalade and roasted bone marrow on the burgers now! (Never tried those toppings and I never will).
Gentrification is a mutha! But that's alright. I will be up in there getting that superfood salad.
That's it for Ten Thursday thoughts!