It is Friday.
And I am happy!
Because I am OFF today.
I need to take Grandma to her scheduled doctor's appointment, and the appointment is smack in the middle of the day, so I may as well just take off.
And I am glad I did, because imagine my surprise when I started getting text messages about I-85 collapsing. I had NO idea, as I hadn't been watching the news regularly. But when I turned on the news... WOW.
That is major. And there were no injuries.
That is in midtown. I work in midtown, but not that far up. That has to be about 3 or 4 miles away.
Now, traffic already sucks in Atlanta. It is really about to look crazy. No telling how long it will take to get that fixed. That area of the interstate is old and funky. Thank goodness I don't have to go that way. There is a bowling alley down there that I like, but OH WELL.
There is a game at the new Braves stadium tonight. I may have to pop some popcorn and turn on the news and just watch the traffic monstrosity! Lawd help us ALL!
I haven't been posting like I should. I was thinking about posting everyday in April. That would good for me, as this is my therapy. I think I can spend some 30 minutes a day on blogging. SO much goes on... Why not? Not making any promises though. But it would be interesting to see what I could amass in 30 days.
So right now, the major development in my life is that I have switched supervisors at work. It 'bout knocked me over. But hey, I am resilient. I have had to make a bunch of chess moves, though, and have had to make it ABUNDANTLY clear that I did NOT have anything to do with my switch. There is nothing worse then having a supervisor busting up with microaggressions and psychological retaliation. Women are 2nd class citizens in our workgroup. I am so surprised that a Tob.acco Womens' Lives Matter hasn't precipitated in front of our building.
"All this testosterone bothers me. Because I am low T."
This is my constant refrain. And it cracks people up. But it is true. I don't understand all the male machismo going on. More like male diva issues. And that is fine.
As long as I get my paycheck. Humph.
But when I have those concerns, I just pray about it. And I don't care who my supervisor is, really. I just need him or her to be able to go into the system and approve my time so that I can get my paycheck. Don't muck that up, and we are GOOD.
My new supervisor is out on spring break leave next week, and he has left me in charge. (I think that means that everybody will be off). So that will be a positive thing. I think I will change EVERYTHING up... uh, nope.
This will be a good experience. And that is what I declare everyday before I even leave the house. So be it.
Song of the Day. Song of the week, really.
Rick Ross released a new album. I am not a big fan of him, but dude picks the BEST beats. I wish I could just get a CD of his instrumentals. But I like in particular the Maybach Music series, as one song appears on every CD. He is up to Maybach Music part V, which he does with Dej Loaf as a feature.
That beat is awesome. But it is not done as usual by Justice League Productions. As a matter of fact, i don't think there is any Justice League production on this CD. I wonder what happen? Did they fall out or something?
And I am NOT a Dej Loaf fan. I look forward to hearing female rappers, as they are so few and far between, but I think I would have liked her 20 years ago. Not now. But I like her on this song. Her verse is a bit sleepy, and Ross probably wrote it for her. Who knows. But I like that cut!
That is it for me. I feel better because I posted. And that's a good thing!
25% of the year is over, and I am spending time thinking about what I want to do with the remaining 75% of the year. I am looking forward to doing great things.
And so should you...
Have a great weekend!
Let's Wrap it Up - It’s finally Friday and I’m finishing the week strong. I worked out every day this week either in the gym or running outside in preparation for the half...
22 hours ago