It has been a LONG time since I have done a thoughts post. So here we go.
1. I have been super busy. And for once, I don't feel bad about that. My days are productive and they go by pretty fast, and I enjoy the simplicity of going home, getting my chores done, and winding down for bed.
2. I am very spoiled, meaning that I have been living in the gentrified area too long.
3. An example: I was doing some grocery on the southside, after leaving the dentist. I usually shop at the nice gentrified stores near my home. While shopping on the southside, I was AGHAST at their only being ONE type of kale in the produce department.Only ONE. (What. the. world?)
4. I didn't realized that I was accustomed to a choice of kale: lacinta (dragon) kale, purple curly kale, and green curly kale.
5. Hence, I will be sure to buy my kale at the downtown gentrified stores. (Yes, this is a high class problem).
6. Today has not been all that busy. And I am glad of that.
7. I found out that a big project that we are about to start begins three weeks from now. NOT next week like I thought. *lee pumps the brakes and chills ALL the way out for the afternoon*
8. This is important because I have been busting my azz trying to learn a new instrument that I haven't touched in 20 years.
9. Speaking of 20 years, it has been 20 years since I earned my PhD. That is a long time.
10. This has taught me one thing, and I have written about it many a time on this blog: We always go through tough things. And that PhD process was one of the toughest of my life. But the tough things will eventually pass, and they will soon become a memory in our lives. All that matters is that we learn the life lessons during the process.
That's it for Ten Thursday thoughts! That's a short one, but good one!