Tuesday, September 11, 2018

911... Never Forget


So... It has been 17 years since the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.


17 years.

It does not feel that long ago. And like everyone, I can remember where I was when it all happened. I was in Denver at a training course for my current job. I'd only been on the job for 3 weeks. It was my first work trip.

I was married. I lived in a condo. And I'd only been in Atlanta for a month, after having moved back here, home, from a post-doc position in New Orleans.

I was writing in my journal about this even this morning. 17 years ago, I didn't know I would be sitting at my dining room table, writing in my journal on a cool and quiet Tuesday morning.

And I wondered on paper what the over 3000 people would have been doing today if they hadn't lost their lives in a terrorist attack.

Life can end in an instant. Today reminds me of that very fact. Yes, we can make plans, have dreams and make goals, but we don't know when our time will come. That is scary. But in the face of that, we must live our best lives today, right now. Continue to make goals, have dreams, and live our lives.

Today I spend time thinking about the tragedy. I am amazed, still, that we have not had an attack on that scale in the last 17 years. Amazed. And I hope we never have another one. That was a depressing time.

My thoughts and prayers, as always are with the family of the victims.  May the memory of them live on in our thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!