Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Day before the Last Day of the Year

Look at me...

I have gone a whole 3 months without posting.

3 MONTHS

THE SHAME.

On the real, too much has been going on. The past 3 months have been a complete whirlwind.

Life comes at you fast. FAST... doggonit.

I think I will post something tomorrow, just to end the year off. I have to think about what I want to post, though. So much can go on in so little time. I think my biggest issues here on blog is that I like a lot of pictures, and it is such a turnoff that I can't get them posted up fast like I like. It is a chore. But that is no excuse. This place has always given me a little piece of mind at times. And that needs to continue, even if it is only for me.

Right now, all is well. But around the first week of October, my mother had a couple of heart attacks and strokes. I had been trying to help my siblings with her, as she went through a quadruple bypass surgery and had many complications. She has diabetes and is in renal failure, so that is all A LOT for the body to have to deal with. She was in the hospital for a couple of months and has been in a rehab center for the past month or so. So going back and forth, trying to help her, has been the order of the day.

In the midst of all this, in early November, I was in the hospital for 5 or 6 days. I had a lupus flare up that sent me down a black hole. I just got SICK as dirt. I was severely dehydrated, and that is what kicked off whatever was going on with me. It took the rest of the month just to get myself back up to full speed. I am not sure I am back up to full speed yet. But I am getting there.

This is how I explain it anytime someone asks me how I am doing:

"You know how you phone is at 30%, and you plug it overnight to charge it up, and then when you wake up in the morning, and the charge is now only at 33%? That's how I feel."

That always elicits a good laugh. But it is my truth right now.

So I guess now I am somewhat back up to speed.

I wish I could have my 20-year-old self back.

That would be wonderful for the New Year.

It surely would.

5 comments:

  1. still keeping you in my prayers. Thought I was gonna have to come down there for a minute! Speaking healing and blessings over you! I miss your blogging and hope to see more in 2019 but you come first so take your time and do things at your pace when you're ready. We will all be here. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all will be well soon with you and your mom. And when you are ready to blog I too will be here. Plus I am still looking forward to you publishing your books. May this upcoming New Year be a good one for you and your love ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to "see" you again! I prayed that you were okay when you were gone so long; will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You writing again is a huge step in the getting back on track direction. Babysteps are still steps! Proud of you fam 💖💖💖

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's alot.. hugs to you and your Mom. I was going to DM Tayari and Adrienne about you. 😄 take care

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!