Friday, December 06, 2019

Blanket Season, Part I


I am making baby blankets right now. I am happy for that, as I didn't make any blankets this year for babies, and this is the first year in some 20 years that that has been the case.

"Nobody is having a baby this year," I whined all year long to whoever would listen.

But alas, a couple of folks have babies due in February. So at least 2020 is taken care of. And suddenly, a coworker asked me to make a blanket from one of her expecting friends, who is due around Christmas.

The crochet year has been saved. GLORY!

So I just finished that blanket.

I like to model them on my slate dining room table.

But I forgot. So I had to bootleg it, meaning allowing the recipient to model the blanket.

And since Lady A commissioned the blanket for a friend, she was the de facto model.

I threw her in a chair in the cubicle area, and took a few pictures!


This was a pretty cool blanket. I've gotten in the habit of making small versions of the blankets so the buyer can see what they want.


After seeing it, she requested three stripes of white composed of three rows of white each.

*ladylee looking puzzled*

"My favorite number is three!"

"Oh, ok," I said.

And she didn't want a spot of white in the middle. That's easy enough to skip, and just start with baby blue yarn.

I think it came out really nice.





It came out about six inches too big, but that's okay. I made it in about a month or so. Could have been faster, but I was finishing up another blanket at the same time.

It is about 3 feet by 3 feet. (I started the white stripes too late in the blanket). The baby can use it in his toddler years!

That was a fun blanket to make. I hope the parents and baby like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!