Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Blanket Season, Part 2

Two newly crocheted blankets on deck!

The first is this beauty, a multicolored special.


I have made this one several times, as it is not gender specific. The coworker that picked out this blanket wanted a multicolored blanket because it reminded her of a rainbow, and this was her "rainbow baby".

I had no idea what this "rainbow baby" was. She explained that it was the baby one has after they have they lost a baby.

"Oh no," I said, trying to keep the HARD teardrop from falling down my cheek.

So when I was crocheting the blanket, I thought much about that. And I was happy to make this special blanket just for her.

So the second blanket on deck was one I've been wanting to make for the past two years, but no one has picked it out from my list.

I love this blanket, as I'd only made it once before for my nephew Justin.


So this one is for a new coworker, Brother Man D. I'd seen him sitting in a cubicle, and these folks are bad about introducing people around. I try to make sure I run up on folk and introduce myself. I make sure they have a badge, or can say what work group they're a part of. If not, I have to be prepared to jaw a joker. If you have snuck up in the workplace, we running you up out of here.

But that wasn't the case with him. So when he said he had a baby on the way, I know he was shocked when I thrust my cell phone at him and told him to pick out a blanket. He picked out the one above, the one I've been wanting to make. I was so elated!

A coworker hollered, "Has he been here long enough to get a blanket?"

This caused a huge intake of air from me, before I went off...

"Look here! Don't nobody care how long bruh been here! A baby is coming! I get to make a blanket!!"

I should not have gone off. This was someone in management looking at me crazy. Management is... special. And management got PROBLEMS.

Luckily this person has nothing to do with my annual reviews. So I can say what I wanna say!

I did think about this, though. What if Brother Man D decided he didn't like this job and got the heck on? Well, I would track him down on facebook.

And send him his blanket.

I just get excited when a baby is on the way! OH JOY!!

I like this blanket because of the color changes. It doesn't get boring. Making a blanket with just one yarn color gets a bit boring. I can set goals with this one: just work on one color until it is time to change colors, and that's the stopping point. I can see my progress better. And that's a good thing!

This is the 20th year I've made baby blankets. I am sure that I've made at least 40. And last year was the first year that it looked like I would not have to make any blankets, but I made one for last year. There will be FOUR so far this year, including the ones above.

Oh joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!