Friday, February 07, 2020

Birthday #50!!

That feels STRANGE to write that. STRANGE.

But I am happy to write it. Happy to see another year of life.

I have not been posting because I haven't been able to load pictures. Sigh. And you know how much I like my pictures.

But I have to post on my birthday!

So Happy birthday #50 for me.

I woke up this morning and I had a vision of my mother and father, young as they were, scrambling around the house and heading for the car because my mother was in labor with ME. They were looking for her bag so they could go to what was then Holy Family (SWATS) hospital.

That shocked me to the point of thinking "Where did that come from?"

My mother and I have never talked about that. Yet I woke up to what may have amounted to no more than a five second snippet of the scene.

I don't know where it came from. I was just thankful for it. It meant something to me.

It meant that 50 years ago, I was born. Simple as that.

But complex at the same time. Who would have known that 50 years from that moment, I would be sitting here, at the table, typing this post??

Who would have known, during the past 50 years, I would accomplish so much?

Who would have known that I would have my share of trials, tribulations, triumphs, heartbreaks, and joys?

I always make sure to have communion on my birthday, just to myself. I normally have disposable communion elements, but communion this morning was quite bootleg, consisting of a shot glass of beet juice and a saltine cracker.

I reminisced for a moment. Thanked God with a verse of scripture I found a few years ago in my message Bible... something akin to:

"God I thank you that you love me, you gift me, you look me full in my face and make me to prosper".

I don't know what the future holds, but at least I can speak that out of my mouth.

Life is such a voyage into the unknown. And I struggle with that these days. 

But I know one thing: I made it this far...

And I am looking forward to what the next 50 years bring!




5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday LadyLee!!!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:35:00 PM

    Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:02:00 PM

    Happy Birthday my favorite blogger. I'm 90 days away from the big 50 and I not excited about it at all!! Mary from Louisiana

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!