Thursday, January 06, 2022

Thoughts on the January 6 Insurrection

This was one of those days where everyone remembers exactly where they were when the mess went down.

I myself was on a zoom call in a workgroup meeting. It had to be around 1 o'clock in the afternoon. My boss was making announcements then going around to each employee for updates. 

So as the meeting started, I had my tv on mute. I thought "Oh, they are marching to the Capitol.  Look at the flags. Oh my."  By the time the meeting winded down, I turned around and saw this on my TV. 

Man. They had strung up a noose. And I was thinking what the world is going on. They gonna hang somebody? Are you serious?

Then there was this fool...
Wow...this is not happening.

I did not get any more work done that afternoon. I just watched what was going on in disbelief.

One year has passed. 704 folks arrested. Some are already jailed and serving time.

And I am still confused as to why the former president did not issue a blanket pardon for all these folks before he left office? Hmm. 

Just left them out to dry.

Sigh. Thank goodness for the Capitol police and their ability to usher the congressman out to safety. These folks constructed gallows for hanging. This could have been so much worse. 

And could you imagine the carnage if these  were some black folk running up in the Capitol like that? Wow.

On a personal note, this causes me to examine my personal beliefs, associations, and philosophies. Do they place me me on a positive path or do they place me on the road to nowhere or... on the road to destruction? 

How many people have actually grown better from their association with the former president? Relatively few. His kids made tons of money. But look at Guilianni, Bannon, the rioters, and all these other folks... careers trashed. Some folks are in jail or indicted. 

And look at Pence. Ugh. 

Makes me wonder what the end game is.

I have no idea.

All I know is this is one more tragic day that is forever etched in history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!