Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Cookies Galore!

I go to a fair number of other people's family function every year, and if you know me, I don't care to show up anywhere emptyhanded.

I always make batches of cookies. Cookies always get me in the door. Cookies get me remembered.

I never hear "Who is that, sitting over yonder in the corner?"

I always hear "IT'S THE COOKIE LADY!"

Followed by very hard running in my general direction. LOL

So, I decided to make cookies to take down to the country.

Now, for their last family gathering, back for Easter or Memorial Day I believe, I made 5 dozen cookies. This may have seem like enough, but unfortunately they weren't. Cowgirl Cre took them from me in the driveway. A gang of people peeped this action, and followed us into the house and to the kitchen.

Those cookies were gone in less than a minute. By the time I said "Hey ya'll what's going on?" it was all over.

I forgot to take a picture of my cookies that day, as my usual routine. This is the only picture I got... that of the very last cookie.



Right before someone snatched it and walked away. Sad.

I know I needed to make more for the next time. If there were going to be more than 50 people, then there needed to be more cookies. This weekend I successfully completed a major goal:

I made 150 cookies!

Woo! What a task. 12 dozen cookies.

There were cookies EVERYWHERE.

And I did it on the morning of our departure.


It would have been a better idea to make them on Friday night prior to our Saturday morning departure. But I took my tail to bed instead. Surely I could wake up early enough to get it done. Surely.


And I did. Started at 6:30 that morning. Finished at 9:30 am.


Not good, since we were leaving at 9:45. But we left 30 minutes late. Yep, I'm on CP time.

But that's okay. This time, the cookies lasted 30 minutes! Everyone loved them.

Another day in cookie making. I still have some here at the house, which is not good. I'll probably end up throwing them out if the locals don't get them. (I rarely eat my own cookies).

I can't wait for my next function, so that I can make more!

7 comments:

  1. feel free to bake a batch for the good nurse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cowgirl Cre12:18:00 PM

    They were good!!! There were smiles and cookies everywhere!! Mostly the adults!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wouldn't it be nice if Lee baked some of her blogland/Twitter favs some cookies? #subliminal LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm new to your blog. LOVE IT!

    i'm known as the 'butter roll lady' wherever i go. i usually make 10 dozen butter rolls, from scratch, whenever i go somewhere. you can't eat just one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. **Waving at Lee**
    I'm a local! Umm, I loove cookies! LOL They look yummy.

    And 15 minutes? Sheesh I thought CP time was 30 minutes or more late & an hour for a CP wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have been waiting for you and those cookies at the door! I'm a cookie monster.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:51:00 PM

    No comment on the dang cookies!
    S23

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!