Thursday, February 15, 2018

Birthday #48 Shenanigans

So me and Ladytee, on our birthdays, go to do our Thelma and Louise thing: lunch, a movie, and maybe some shopping.

My choice of movie this year: Three Billboards outside Ebbing Missouri.



This movie has been winning a bunch of awards and is a front runner for the Oscars.  Here's the trailer.



Man!  That was a great movie. I can see why it's a front runner. VERY different.

This played at one of the art house theaters in town. Let's just say LadyTee and I were the only black  folk in there. And we were the discussing the movie in loud whispers. LOL. 

And then we went to the Crawfish Shack.






I've been wanting to go there for years. But I don't live up that way (well, it is only 10 miles north of me). It is located on Buford Highway, a long corridor where all the Korean, Mexican, and Chinese spots are located. I did not feel like going up there looking for it.

However, LadyTee works up that way and she'd suggested it.

I was game.

Anyway, she ordered the fried seafood platter. It came with fries and hushpuppies.

The seafood was fried snapper, fried crawfish, fried shrimp, and fried soft shell crab.
Now, LadyTee is a picky eater. "I want to try the fried softshell crab," she'd been hollering for a few days.

I was hesitant. "Maybe you should not order that if you have never tried it before. I've had it before and I don't really care for it. And you know how you are..."

"I want to try it."

I shrugged.

She liked the soft shell crab. A little. But overall, she only really liked the shrimp. The fried crawfish were to fishy for her taste. And the fish was fried too hard. I think she like the fries.

Me? I ordered something that you can't really mess up: half a shrimp po-boy, corn, and potatoes.



My po-boy was good. And that place is the first place I've had bread that tasted like the bread they use for Po-boys in New orleans. But will I go running back up there. Probably not. But it was worth it.

The floor was super sticky. This was a bit disconcerting, as our feets were coming out of our shoes when we were trying to walk across the floor. The stickiness was from cleaning a floor with something that had jacked up the finish. It was annoying.

LadyTee was through with it.

And like I said, I ain't itching to go back.

I enjoyed my time with LadyTee. Our yearly ritual is everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!