Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday Love


I've been a bit down about people leaving the world...

It's always nice to celebrate babies entering the world. It has been one of the happy times of the summer thus far for me.

Here's a blanket I made for one of my coworkers. His little one is due on August 30th.

First, the squares. I think I made 72 of them.


Nothing is ever that neat, though. They looked more random like this.


Finished product! All folded neatly...

Now it's modeled on the table like a fashion magazine.


More bootleg modeling of the blanket!


Finally, a beautiful close-up.

You know, I really don't care to make blankets like these, as it has always been a chore over the last 19 YEARS (doesn't feel that long since I first learned) to sit and painstakingly whipstitch each square together. And nothing can be crooked, or I have to take it apart. Luckily, that didn't happen here. I also spent an hour on YouTube watching videos on how to whipstitch better, where you can't see the seams.  So I am happy that this time, the experience was actually fun.


And that's a good thing.


With that said, have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That blanket is gorgeous. It is definitely baby season up in these parts ... one of my coworkers and my niece are both expecting in October and of course my own grandbaby is coming in December. I'm working on blankets as well but they don't compare to what you've created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like! And yours will be so much better than mine because it will come from GranDiva Chele!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!