Thursday, July 26, 2018

Generations...


I usually like to lurk around on social media, only posting something a couple of times a month. But sometimes I'm glad for social media, as I pick up on some fascinating information. The most interesting of late are rare pictures posted by my cousins of the women of my family.

My grandmother.


That had to be a picture from the 1970s.

My great-grandmother.


That picture must have been taken in the 40s or 50s. I remember my great-grandmother. I often went over to her house, located in an intown Atlanta neighborhood known as Dixie Hills, with my grandmother. I remember my great-grandmother. She passed when I was 29 or 30 years old.

Now here' a picture I'd never seen: one of my great-great Grandmother.



Wow! Who knows when that picture was taken? I don't even know her name.

I never met her, so I do not have a memory of her.

But at least I have a picture of her.

How wonderful is that?


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:15:00 PM

    Dear Dr. Parker,
    You are blessed. Some people are all alone and have no past memories or pics of past generations of their family. Family is a whole LOT!

    Peace.
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I think, I have a few pics from the 30s of relatives. I always wondered how the names stopped circling down through the generations. Off topic, but what's you
    r take on the DNA tests out now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:18:00 PM

    Wow, don't you just love old photos. They take you back in time. The best are the ones of yourself. My brother sent me a pic of us when I was about 6yrs old a few weeks ago. I cried like a baby and laughed at the same time. That pic brought on a flood of emotions I could not hold in. mary in louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks For This Quality Peice Of Information Happy Fathers Day Messages

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!