Thursday, April 04, 2019

When the Randomness is Left on my Desk...


It is always interesting to trudge in to work, all dejected, doing all I can to "pray my strength in the Lord"...

...And I turn to walk in my cubicle and find some randomness left on my desk.


*LadyLee looks to the left... LadyLee looks to the right*

My cubicle area of about 30 cubicles is notoriously quiet, so quiet that you can hear a rat licking ice.

But every time I find a surprise on my desk, I want to sang a randomly concocted negro LadyLee spiritual!

"Yes Lord, Yes Lord, I was on your mind this morning!
Yes Lord, yes Lord you thought 'bout me this morning!"


I never do this. I just ponder and wait to understand who left it. (There was no note or anything).

(The last thing left on my desk a couple of weeks ago was a freshly baked maple scone. I'd given my coworker a pint of pure Vermont maple sugar. He likes to bake and it was one of his special creations. It was quite tasty!)

I have a couple of Asian coworkers, who, when they travel back to Asia for a few weeks, they return with treats.

I didn't know for a few days who left it on my desk.

That didn't stop me from eating it, though.

This is the one in the larger yellow wrapper.



That one was good! Tasted like a straight up Butterfinger. I wanted another one of those. The other candy in a similar wrapper was the same. So good!

The little brown one was a coffee hard candy. That was good too.


Now, the white candy is some type of nougat, which was clearly printed on the package. I don't fool with that type of thing, for I would be trying to replace some dental work. And that ish is expensive. No ma'am. No sir.


Then there was this bizarre little package. (I didn't get one, but it was on someone else's desk. But it was a SERIOUS conversation piece).






I tore open the package and found what looked like something that looked like dried green peas.

I tried to give some to the coworker who's desk I found it on.

"I ain't eating that sh*t," she said under her breath, eyes unblinking and daring me to challenge her. I let her be, and I tasted them myself.

I could not figure out what it was. It took eating the whole package of 10-15 dried peas, and with that, I could still only guess.

Of course, the package didn't give any clue to what was going on.


Sigh. The best I could come up was that the dried seeds from inside the green bean pods. They were good.

I love getting random stuff on my desk. I think the surprise of it all is what makes me happiest.

Now if someone could only leave a random winning lottery ticket on my desk, I'll be all good!



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:53:00 PM

    "I ain't eating that sh*t," Lol

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!