Thursday, June 11, 2020

Ten Thursday Thoughts

Ten Thoughts! On a Thursday!

1. I don't even know what Day this is of Quarantine. I think it is like, day 75. DAY 75! Who knows.

2. A plan seems to be forming for us to go back to work. Seems is the operable word here. Management seems to be up in the air about it. There is much navel gazing and staring into the sun going on. Which means they won't be seeing me anytime soon.

3. Hell, I have, like, 8 weeks of annual leave and 1000 hours of sick leave. Listen, they keep fooling around, they won't be seeing the Original Oldgirl until Christmas. It ain't nothing but a thang.

4. Georgia voting for the primary was F*CKED up. Excuse my language, but that is the only word that describes what happened. It was a master class in voter suppression. People were in line for 2-8 hours. That is some mess. And my area is heavily gentrified, so I thought that they wouldn't mess over these white folks like that.

Humph. They surely did. Shocked the cheese out of me.

5. How 'bout I rolled around to my precinct and the sucker was closed. There was a sign of where to go. And someone put a map up on twitter, and they estimated the line for where I needed to vote to be quarter mile long. Get the heck out of here. How 'bout I drove right on past it. Oh well. I tried. But there is NO way I am standing outside IN THE RAIN for any length of time. NO.

Oh, and I got a notice in the mail about the precinct changes two days after the election. LOL! You can't make this stuff up. Voter Suppression 101!

6. But I will work it out for the presidential election. You best believe that. If I have to get my tail up there at 3 in the morning, then that will have to do. Because man... we have all been taken through some political MESS.

7. Personally I think our beloved president will cancel the election, and he will declare himself president until he dies. I would not be shocked in the least if that happens. And the folks around him are too hypnotized and weak to stop it.

8. So... we have zoom-type calls for meetings at work. These are usually pretty boring. We all make it a priority to keep our webcams covered. I have learned to put everything on speaker, and take that time to wash dishes or fold clothes. At any rate, I need to be able to dive for the computer if someone asks me a question.

9. How 'bout someone flushed the toilet yesterday during our group meeting call. Everyone was like REALLY? Who was that? No one fessed up. And I don't blame them.

10. The calls usually consist of group business and scientific discussions. Then we get over into "Someone talk about something they did this weekend" or "Someone tell us something funny."

And in my mind I am screaming:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE WORLD IS ON FIRE!

Spiritual fire.

Ain't nobody trying to be funny right now.

That was what someone's toilet flush was about. Let that be the funny for the week. Otherwise, I don't wanna hear it.

That's it for Thursday Thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:42:00 AM

    I'm in Houston now. They mailed me a form to register to vote last week. I have to find out where I go to vote. This will be my first time voting in TX. Last yr when I was in Oregon they registered me to vote when I got my drivers license I'm not sure why TX didn't do that. I definitely will be voting! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Texas is one of those states where you almost have to fight to vote. Go to your secretary of state home page and see if you can enter your information and get your polling place. If that doesn't work, call the voter registrars office and figure out how to get registered. Too important. I will early vote next time because there is NO way I a standing in line more than an hour. No ma'am.

      Delete
  2. Lawd, I saw the travesty on the Internets of the lines and really it was voter suppression. Zoom meeting are even worse for book club meetings, folks be doing too much and will not turn off the camera or the mic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was going to be a problem when the news showed that people were standing in line THE NIGHT BEFORE. Not at my precinct, but somewhere in metro Atlanta. But I didn't even know my polling spot had changed. Voter suppression to the nth degree!!!

      For our book club meetings, there have been some type of phone meetings. I think they tried zoom meetings and it was funky. Lots be going on, lol. People don't know how to put there mute on!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous2:03:00 AM

    Thanks for the information I will be calling Monday. Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!