Sunday, December 12, 2021

Ice Cream Man! (No, Amazon Man!)


This has to be the truest thing I've seen this year.  I myself have found myself opening my Amazon app and seeing where my package is and when it will hit my doorstep.  Yes indeed it is the adult version of the ice cream truck. It is BETTER than the ice cream truck. 

But my biggest reason for eyeing my app for the arrival time is that I live in the hood, and you need to damn near catch the package before it hits the porch. I have not had anything stolen, but when I walk the neighborhood, I always come across Amazon boxes that have been hastily ripped open, and  their contents removed.

And the gentrifiers whine on the neighbor app about stuff being stolen off their porch. And the thieves have even been robbing the robot delivery systems that roll around. I haven't seen one of those yet, but they are being tested in one of the enclaves around these parts.

And another thing... half the vehicles going up and down my street during the day are Amazon and UPS trucks. It is always interesting to hear some loud booming bass and to look out the window only to see it is coming from Amazon trucks. 

O_o. 

And when I am out walking, I count no less than 5 trucks on my path. Ugh.

I tell you what... Jeff Bezos is a genius. He is making money hand over fist. Wish I had such ideas. We've all probably had them, but they have been flighty and unnoticed. They have most likely come and gone, and disappeared like puffs of smoke in the wind.

I saw some of his interviews from 20 years ago.

He had vision. Vision of something big.

And maybe it was a vision of people getting excited and clamoring for the services he provided.  Much like how kids hear the ice cream man coming and even chase down the ice cream truck.

 I myself have stood in line around the ice cream man's window on a hot summer's day with my coins clutched in my sweaty hand, eyeing the pictures of sweet treats plastered on the side of the white van. 
(My favorite treats were the orange pushup, the ice cream drumstick, the lemon bomb pop and the red white and blue bomb pops. Back in the '70s the bomb pops were 35 cents. They are $2 now!)

And here we stand now, with just about anything our heart's desire literally delivered to our house at our demand. Sometimes within a couple of hours after ordering.

Hmm....

Here's my question.  Who's gonna come up with a vision bigger than Amazon? 

Oh my. I cannot wait to see!

I wish it was me!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!