Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday Love

Here's a picture of my dinner tonight. 

Yes I love my wings. I scored 7 pounds today, and do you know that it came up to $40? A year ago, that would have come up to around $25. Prices are soaring for meat out in these mean streets. Seems like prices are going up on everything. 

I made a run to the Black Peoples Walmart at 7:30 am this morning. This was a good thing because it was so quiet around that time. So I could move slow and take my time. And with that said, I forgot to get what I went in there for: some at-home covid tests. Ugh. So I may make an early morning 
run tomorrow. We will see.

I went to the big Farmers Market out in Dekalb. I got there just as everyone was lining up and waiting for it to open. So by the time they were all ambling in with their shopping carts, I was getting my own. So it was pretty empty for all of 45 minutes, then it turned into what felt like a club scene. By that time, I was leaving.

I also went to the neighborhood co-op. That was nice too because it wasn't crowded. So I could just mull around as I pleased. 

It was such an interesting day of errands. And I don't like running errands. But I needed stuff. And the sun peaked from behind the clouds for an hour, but it was dreary out for the most part.  I don't like dreary. Ugh.

So I came home and watched the rocket launch on YouTube. It was uneventful. And Mike S. and the crew were all smiles. I am just glad it all went well. Not as interesting as the first trip for that company. But good enough. 

Then I turned on the TV and saw the aftermath of a devastating storm that spawned some record breaking tornadoes. People lost their homes... their cars...

Their lives.

I couldn't believe it. Just devastation abound.

And I began to see my slight irritations of the day were a small thing. My griping about the state of the weather? A small thing compared to today's weather catastrophe.  

People lost their lives. I didn't lose mine.

Then I thought about how great my day was on Friday. I talked to my brother Milk and Cookies for an hour. He and his family are at my oldest nephew's football tournament in Florida.  And I talked to my Workplace Mom for some four hours that evening. It felt good to catch up and laugh. And she always knows how to encourage my heart and help me step past my fears. So both convos were something I really needed. 

Those intangibles mean everything, especially in the face of such devastation.  I thank God for my conversations that were good for my heart....

And I pray for those devastated by today's weather events.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!