Sunday, December 05, 2021

Sunday Scripture- Psalm 139:5 (TPT)

 Every once in awhile, I hear or come across something in scripture that is very powerful and sticks with me. 

Psalms 139:5 in the passion translation did just that. It has been heavy on my mind for the past 6 months. 

You've gone into my future to prepare the way, and in kindness you follow behind me to spare me from the harm of my past. You have laid your hand on me! Psalms 139:5 TPT

That verse gives me such an incredible sense of comfort and relief. I feel like I am living in a world that constantly bombards me with negativity. This scripture is something positive and provides some sense of hope. I spend a little time meditating on it daily. 

And I must admit that I have such a hard time dealing with the unknown of the future sometimes. It is the reason I tend to procrastinate when it comes to getting things done. I have a bad habit of overthinking things and simply just mulling over and over in my head the worst case scenario. And it is so hard to confide in friends about this. I get blown off or shot down a lot. ("Girl, why you worried about that? That's silly."). 

So let's just say that I tend to keep a lot to myself. A lot.

And upon examination of my actions, I find that when I do step out and deal with a problem or situation, it is NEVER as bad as I have imagined it to be in my head. 

As of late, my prayers have changed some. When praying about things going on in my life and/or stuff I am worried about or scared of doing, I keep that scripture in mind. 

"God, you've stepped into my future to prepare a way. You already know what will happen. Just lead me down the best path to the right solution. I can breathe easy and just move forward because you are my Help. And I don't need to think of my errors in the past, as you are protecting me from the disappointment and the pain of my past."

I find that a path forward opens up. My courage is a lot better these days. 

One interesting thing that I find that has come out of this is that I took a workshop last month titled Fear, Anxiety and Overwhelm. It helped me critically think about my fears and anxieties and simply what overwhelms me. It helped me be specific about what I need to be praying about. And that in itself lowers my anxiety and ushers in some sense of personal peace.

And peace... that is just what I need. 

I can never get enough of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!