Saturday, December 04, 2021

Saturday Seven

 Thank God for Saturdays, but whew chile... this was a busy day. I think I could have the Saturday 27. But I will pick out the most interesting parts of the day. 

1. I walked FOUR miles today. And what was interesting is that I explored a new route. I walked to the zoo, which I never do, and I found out I live a mile from it. So that is a good marker if I want to measure my walks a little better. I find myself getting bored if I don't switch my walking routes up from time to time. 

2. I think it was around 70 degrees today. And of course I wore some shorts and a t-shirt. I think this weekend will be the final time to do that, as it will be cold and rainy next week. I have walked in the rain with my umbrella before. Let's just say that that's not a great idea. I need sunshine and tweeting birds when I walk!! 

3. I went to the Whole Foods today. Yes it's a Saturday, but I expected it to be empty. Why?

Because the big SEC championship was going on. And yes, it pretty much was like going there on a weekday during the middle of the day. And all the chicken wings and broccoli was gone. (I can understand the wings... but the broccoli? Hmm).

4. I also went to this wholesale spot which is an Asian bootleg version of Sam's club. It even has a name similar to Sams Club. There is no door to this place. You go in through a bootleg loading dock. (Took me a minute to figure this out my first time there). And the

Asian cashiers are behind bulletproof glass. (Interestingly enough, the door to the cashier station is always open. So what is the point of the bulletproof glass?) They only take cash and debit cards, and over the years, they don't take debit cards issued by certain banks. There is no lovely music playing softly over the overhead speakers. And it is VERY dark. I have been looking for something, and someone steps out of the shadows asking if I need some help. (Yikes). 

It's a bit intimidating. But it is near my house and it is cheap. And the people are nice. 

5. Part of me over the years has wanted to call up the Sams people and report them for copyright infringement. But here's the kicker: this place was around BEFORE Sams club and before Walmart became a thing. So... maybe it's the other way around, lol. 

6. My sister needed snacks for her students. They are at that age where they like hot chips, hot takis, hot fries, all that type of stuff. And This place has all that bootleg stuff. They have a whole room devoted just to chips. So I bought around 60 bags of various chips. I also needed some storage containers for food. And some of those little sample cups for sauces, etc. I think I spend $60, which was a heckuva lot cheaper than Walmart or Amazon!

7.  By the time I got home, it was near dark. This is odd for me, as I haven't driven much during the pandemic, and not at all when I have to use my headlights. It was a very interesting experience. Not gonna get caught out late like that again. No ma'am. No sir. 

Such an interesting day it was. Well, at least for me. And that's a good thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!