Wednesday, December 01, 2021

The End of 2021 is Nigh...

It is December 2021.

I feel like I have looked up, then looked down, and looked back up again...

...and lo and behold, the year 2022 is upon me. 

This year went by super fast for some reason. I don't know, but it just feels that way.

Anyway, here are a couple of my favorite pictures I've taken while out walking in my downtown Atlanta neighborhood.
I prefer to walk in the early mornings, but that was before it started getting cold outside. There is nothing worse than trying to walk in near freezing weather. It was good walking early summer mornings, when the temps were in the '70s. That is comfortable. But right now, I struggle to walk with lots of layers of clothing. I have had to learn when I pass by my car, I can stop and take off a few layers. But it is still cumbersome. So right now, I walk in the afternoons mostly.

The biggest thing is that I walk. That's a good thing. 

I know back in January, I was happy to walk for 15 to 20 minutes. That was such an accomplishment. I was doing great if I could walk at least half a mile. That was the goal. But now, some 11 months later, I can walk upwards of five miles at a time if I am feeling up to it. But my norm right now is 2 to 3 miles. I walk 4 to 5 miles once a week. And I tackle hills!

That seems to be my favorite past time, something to look forward to.  I have lost 65 to 70 pounds this year. I think that helps me walk faster and longer times. 

But the end of the year is nigh. And I am thinking of my accomplishments. And I will probably be posting everyday this month hopefully as a way of looking back at my year... and looking forward. 

But for now, I will be happy with walking. And right now, the temps in the ATL are quite mild, reaching into the high '60s in the afternoon hours. It feels good to throw on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt this late in the year and go for a walk!

Maybe I will get a 10 miler in.

NOT! 

LOL

1 comment:

  1. Bad weather or feeling lazy - Treadmill!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!