Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wild Animals in the 'Hood

Look at what I saw when I was leaving for work the other morning:


A rabbit!

A fat one at that!

I wonder where he came from. There is a rabbit hole in my front yard. (I thought it was a snake hole until I saw one come out of it last year. I was thinking about filling it up with some dirt, but decided against if for some reason. (Might have been a snake hole afterall.

Some years ago, there was a turkey in my neighbor's backyard.




Not sure where he came from. I live downtown, so he has to be lost.

I also live a little over a mile from the Atlanta Zoo.

I don't think I will worry about this issue until I see a giraffe or gorilla or elephant prancing around my back yard.

Until then, let the rabbits and turkeys have their fun.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like that rabbit is eating well. I wonder what his secret is because I can sure use some more food!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what he's been eating. I thought about planting a garden in the backyard this year but seeing the rabbit made me decide against it. I will go bonkers if it ate my cucumbers and beans and squash. Pure bonkers.

      Delete
  2. He's cute! You know I love da animals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you like the nutria rats you have down in New Orleans? A couple of those ran up on me while I was out at the lake of my apartment complex feeding the ducks... It's quite alarming?

      Delete
  3. I have tons of rabbits in my yard too. Between them and the squirrels it's like Wild Kingdom in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My coworker's daughter is afraid of squirrels. (Daughter is in her mid-twenties). I thought that was odd. The reason for the fear is that up in Detroit where they are from, the squirrels are very aggressive and like to chase people down, thinking they have food.

      Luckily that doesn't happen in the ATL. My yard is FULL of squirrels. I don't know what I would do if they would chase me down. Sigh.

      Delete
  4. LOL its the easter bunny lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama, Easter is OVER. He needs to go away.

      I threw a piece of peppermint candy at it. It sure moves fast!

      Delete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!