Tuesday, October 10, 2017

10 Tuesday Thoughts

1. I have had the most lovely 4 day weekend.  It was lovely because of the simple fact that I had that much time off.

2, I did not mean to take off on Friday. It was just that my sister came over the night before, and I'd rather hang out with her and Justin than go to work.

3. This is fine, as I have a weeks worth of what's called "use-or-lose" time. This means I don't take enough time off from work.

4. I may end up taking 2 or 3 weeks off for Christmas. And that is fine by me.

5. One thing that stresses me out: constantly having to password everything, and constantly trying to remember those passwords. When did all this begin?

6. Another thing that stresses me out: calling my credit card or mortgage company and the customer service is apparently in another country. I feel bad when I can barley understand what the person is saying. That bothers me, that someone in a foreign country can pull up all my information. Sigh.

7. One last that bothers me: when I have to deal with and understand that some of my friendships are seasonal, for a season, when I thought they were for lifetime. This is difficult to deal with, but I know it is for the best.

8. I sometimes do a fast on the holidays. So the Columbus day fast was three days of nothing but smoothies and infused waters. My life has been full of kale, baby spring lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, berries, pears, peaches, nectarines, grapes, apples, cherries. But I forgot to buy spinach, though. Sigh. Maybe next time. But it has been a decent thing for me to do on a regular basis.

9. This wasn't the best time for a fast since Aunt Flo is visiting. In other words, I am one weak chicken over here. All I want to do is sleep.

10. Aunt Flo is a HIGHLY unpredictable visitor these days, as I am premenopausal. It is so confusing, it is. I have to go buy a book on it or something. I like a little order to my life when it come to such issues.  And this change of life is not very orderly- physically, mentally and emotionally.

3 comments:

  1. "I like a little order to my life when it come to such issues. And this change of life is not very orderly- physically, mentally and emotionally" -- I like this--sounds like what's in my psyche but never put into words. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy it resonated with you... That is the only way I can put it into words, but there is so much more I could say.

      Delete
  2. Word of caution ...order and menopause do not coexist. There is a peace that comes from knowing that it’s just a season. Let it run its course and use the time to be gentle with yourself and the lack of order.

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!