Tuesday, October 03, 2017

10 Tuesday Thoughts on a Tragedy

So the events that took place on Sunday evening are on my mind. I thought I would shape them into 10 Tuesday Thoughts.



1. The condolences are as they always are during these times: My thoughts and prayers out to to those affected by the mass shootings. 

2. I am sincere in saying that because it is definitely heavy on my mind and in my prayers. 

3. I think about the shortness and abruptness of life and how today is today and how tomorrow isn't even promised, even though we are planning for tomorrow.

4. And I am reminded of a post I wrote which I go back and read every time this happens (Food For Thought: 5 minutes).

5. And with all that said, there is no way to solve the problems. You know how folks are about their gun rights.

6. And we don't change unless tragedy falls on our own doorsteps at our feet. Sad, but you know it's true.

7. The worst thing is waking up to something like that, the breaking news, on TV.  Of course that isn't the worst thing. BEING there as it all unfolds is the very worst thing. BEING a victim of such a tragedy is  the worst thing.

8. It's not only the act that is tragic... it's the residuals of the act that's tragic on it's own. There is no description of how it feels to lose a loved one to tragedy. One never gets over that.

9. Every time something likes this happens,  I pray it's the last time it happens...

10. Then unfortunately, the next time comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!