Friday, September 29, 2017

Libations Gone Wild

So I was in my favorite neighborhood gourmet grocery store and I saw this:

Wine... in a can.

Chardonnay... in a can.

Who would put wine in a can like it's some beer or something?

I bought it because I thought it would be a trip to show it to Serenity23, who's a wine person for life.

I sent her a photo. She'd never heard of wine in a can.

I thought it was funny. But I thought since she hadn't ever had a can of wine, well, maybe I should've just left it in the store. Heck, I didn't know how much it cost.

Until I got home and examined the can.
$7.99!!!

For a can of wine? REALLY.

On the back of the can there was an odd statement: "Tastes like vanila lemon pie crust pears and almonds".

Well... for $7.99, it better taste like that, even though that combo sounds like a hot mess.

And then I was at my local coffee shop and I saw this:
So now we have cans of flavored cold brew coffee (whatever that means).

Now I'm not sure why I would want tangerine, lime, cherry, or lemon flavored coffee. That has never crossed my mind to have such a mixture. Now if you want to flavor my teas in that way? Hey, that may be pretty good?

But my coffee? I will pass.

No I didn't buy any. The cans were on the counter. I thought it was just odd.

Yes I am trying to expand my palate when it comes to new libations.

But I'm not bold enough to try something THIS new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!