Monday, September 25, 2017

Monday Night Musings

It is Monday.

And I am mentally trying to wake up. I am trying to think well of Mondays, but some Mondays are,  um... I just need to skip over to Tuesday.

I had a great weekend, chocked full of activities. The best event was attending a book club meeting where Atlanta Noir was the book of the month. It was great discussing my story and other stories in the volume with the readers. I even read a chapter from the manuscript from whence I got the story idea from, and they really enjoyed that. It gave me more courage to move forward on finishing up the story!

We met in Cobb county, and while I was out there I got a few things done.  I even bought a new laptop.


'Tis a cheap one. My regular laptop and my netbook are outdated with the Windows Vista, and I really can't use them  much anymore. I need something for writing, and I may get a more expensive one later.

And my new little nephew, Justin, aka Notorious J, came over on Sunday. After a month in the hospital, he is out, and now he is 5 weeks old. I hung out with him while his Mama got some much needed sleep. She is still trying to adjust to him and his schedule.

When they first got there, I just stared at him. Kentucky said, "You can pick him up. He won't break."

I think I was use to picking him up and having to be careful of all his wires and feeding tube. But all of that is gone! I can pick him up and maneuver him around without fear of anything falling off or setting off  some monitor alarms.

Man oh man, hanging out with him was more than a notion! He must've known that I haven't kept a baby in some 30 years, not since his Uncle Milk and Cookies was a baby. He gave me the sly side-eye quite a few times.

He was looking like, "Now wait a minute here. You look like my Mommy... but you are NOT my Mommy!!"

LOL

He is such an interesting little character. And he is still little, but he has to be about 5 pounds now. I will be using my hairbrush to gauge how big he is growing.

He is still little and has a little growing to do. (And no, I did not brush his hair with that hard azz brush. It's almost too hard for my head!)

I spent 6 hours with him. When I tell you that that was an interesting 6 hours... wow!! I thought babies slept most of the time. That little dude was taking cat naps and watching me hard.

And he knows he can scarf down some milk. He is drinking 2.5 ounces at a time, with his  little self. I don't know where he puts all that milk.

It was sad to see him get strapped into his car seat for the ride back home. 


I hope for the day when she can just drop him off and go do whatever she needs to do. That's gonna be a minute, though. As he gets bigger, I can get better with him.

Sigh.

More fun to come with him indeed!

6 comments:

  1. He will be bossing you around before you know it. Then, you will be telling Kay, all innocent looking, "I wonder where he gets that from." lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:11:00 AM

    The two of you are gonna have so much fun together! I look forward to hearing all about it! Enjoy that precious baby.

    ~LisaBinAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He already has his own "personality" which is so funny to me!

      Delete
  3. Oh soo cute! I love his big eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fodder for a whole lot of stories!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!