Friday, September 01, 2017

Freestyle Fridays

Friday!

And this week has been so busy that  I haven't had time to post. Sigh.

I have a project that I am working on, and it is a fail as far as I am concerned right now, so I will just have to start over next week. And I am good with that. I am just BONE tired.

I have been like Callie Jo all week when I get home from work.



Laid out, stretched out and sleeping. I'm not sleeping all that well, but it is good enough. 

I have gone to see my new nephew little Justin about 2 or 3 times this week after work. He is doing well, and he has gained 4 ounces. That is a lot for a preemie. He's even taking breast milk mow, but mostly through a feeding tube. He is not on any IVs. So once he gets off that feeding tube, he is all good.

I am sad about the hurricane destruction and flooding in Texas. I know these natural disasters happen, and I pray for those involved. However, I am tired of all the armchair quarterbacking that we do. Unless I am IN the situation, or I've been through something like that, I feel like I have no right to judge how folks handle things. No right. That's just me. I think we are just trained in social media  to comment, analyze, and tare down every single thing.

I have no idea what it is like to have my house fill up with flood water, hit by a tornado, destroyed by fire, none of that. The best I can do is to have some empathy. Hope that makes sense.

I am looking forward to the weekend. I am on a panel for Atlanta Noir at the Decatur Book Festival. I haven't been to the festival in years. The last time I went was when Tayari Jones was there and was reading from her book The Untelling, and that was back in 2006, I believe.  I even wrote a blog post on it. It meant a lot because I took my brother, and it was the first reading he had ever attended. So it means much to me to actually be a participant some 11 years later.

So that is it for me. 

So I am excited about that. I don't think we will get to read. Maybe one page or so if we do. And that is cool. I am just happy to be a participant!

Song of the Week.  I don't really have one. But I have a song that I listen to often. And I came across the video. Oldgirl had better made a video QUICK since Jay-Z sampled her song.

"Late Nights and Heartbreaks" by Hannah Williams and the Affirmations. 



It ain't the highest quality video, but she worked it out, didn't she? LOL

That is is for ME. I am thoroughly ready for the 3-day weekend!

I will make the best of it. At least I hope to.  It might just be a lot of this:


And that is alright too. I will still have a great weekend.

And you do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!