Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Freestyles

Friday!

And I do not have much to say.

Because it is Pay Day. And as usual on Pay Day,  the blinds of my mind are at half-staff.

I haven't been really posting because I could not get pictures to load up. It takes some 3 hours for them to transfer into my email for some odd reason.  My patience ain't strong enough to be waiting around... and around... and around.

Nope.

This has been an interesting week.  Another hurricane has hit. Our president and North Korea's president are trading verbal jabs like we are out in the schoolyard somewhere. Sigh.

One great thing happened this week.  Scoot Booty was discharged from the hospital! He spent a month and a day in there.

He knew something odd was going on. 
 We stopped by my house and I held him while my sister got her stuff together. (She'd been staying with me since Irma).

His britches were too big!
 The nurse said, "Put them pants on him. It's not like he's walking anywhere!"

Really. Just needed to keep him warm.

 And as you can see, Big Mitch was a bit amazed... and confused.
 LOL!!

Dear Justin, I am glad you are growing enough to be home. Be good! 

I am looking forward to the weekend. My old book club chose Atlanta Noir for their book of the month. So I will  attend that meeting. It will be so nice to see everybody. I hope they liked my story.
And I hope I can answer their questions.

It has been a beautiful week with NO rain. I hope that continues into the weekend.

I will not put up a ratchet song. Nope. I will put up a song with a ratchet album cover, though.

"Sweet Sticky Thing" by Ohio Players.



I love that song because it is half instrumental and half vocal. And it's near 10 minutes long! Wow!

But I do remember my mother having the Ohio Players in her record collection. And how embarrassed I was to look at those album covers when I was 7 years old.

Too bad there isn't good original music out like they had back in the day some 40 years ago. Humph.

I am hoping for a great weekend. If I don't have anything else, I have the ability to HOPE. And I will not let that go.

You do the same! Don't  let your hope go either!

1 comment:

  1. now that I've gotten moved and all settled I can finally get to reading your book. life has been turned upside down for a few months for me. LJ (little Justin) is so precious. I know you are one proud auntie!

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!