Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Quote of the Week: Of Roots and Fruits

I was talking to a friend yesterday and I told her about this incredible book I read.

I even wrote a book review on it, way back in 2013.

The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts.

It was a good book, chocked full of good information. I may read it again.

But one quote struck me when I read it back then, and it is equally telling now.

 "What we see as a flower or a tree or any other kind of plant is just an extension of what's at the root.  You won't see magnolia leaves sprouting from the roots of a dogwood tree, nor will you see ears of corn shoot off a cucumber vine. What we are in the light is determined by who we are in the dark. Our fruit is merely the product of our roots. Only through tending to our mental emotional and spiritual roots will we bear the healthiest fruit possible.  Ignore the roots, and the plant will suffer. Nurture the root and the plant will thrive. (Location 2848)

It is such a valuable reminder to check my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!