Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

So here we are...

Ten Tuesday Thoughts... or more.

We will see.

1. I was so thankful for the 3-day weekend. We just don't get enough of those.

2. I use the holiday time to declutter. And boy oh boy did I have a lot of clutter. I come from a family of hoarders, so anytime I can get rid of a stray piece of paper, I am proud and happy.

3. I think our discussion panel at the Decatur Book Festival went very well.

It was around an hour  long. We each read for around one minute (my passage to read - I'd  decided it right before I left the house that morning).

4. I wish now that I would've rented a room at the local Marriott for the weekend and spent the entire 2 days there. Once I stood still enough to look at the sessions, I saw that there were some great sessions. I didn't attend any because I was more nervous about our session.  Sigh. Maybe next time!

5. So my new nephew Justin, aka Notorious J, aka Scoot Booty (my personal nickname for him) is doing well. He is the little Boss Preemie of the intermediate infant care section!

6. Scoot Booty is getting darker.




7. I went down Saturday evening to spend some alone time with him and give him his bottle. It was my first time feeding him.



He drank a full 15 out of 20 milliliters. I prayed over him and sang to him. It was the best 2 hours of my weekend, hands down. Go Scoot Booty!!

8. And Scoot Booty is a typical man: eat, get full, then go straight to sleep.



9.. Best thing I ate this weekend:

A pineapple habanero popsicle from King of Pops. Although they are a bit pricey, I like there popsicles because they are not too sweet and they're super juicy. It was good, but it snuck up on me afterwards. That habenero had my lips burning for a few minutes!

10.. There's a new hurricane coming, and her name is Irma! After seeing Harvey, people in Florida rushed to the store with the quickness. It is strange that we heard about Irma some 10 days out, whereas Harvey wasn't talked much about. Maybe I missed it. Never again.

11.. This day is too long. Sigh. I can't wait to get home.

12. I am doing something new for September: I am making up my "to-do" list for when I get home during the day as I think of things. (I hope that makes sense. My wording is off). I think that will be better for me, because by the time I get home, I have forgotten what I wanted to accomplish that evening.

That's it for my 10 + 2 Tuesday Thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Dr. Parker,
    1. Will Irma hit Georgia? I have family in ATL and Florida. My Florida peps are staying put.
    2. You posted a cartoon on your blog a while back where one person says "Hey, where did you get that? I've been looking all over for it." The other person says "I created it myself". The other person had a "jar of Happiness". Well, that exact cartoon was printed in Tony Robbin's book Unshakeable. It is toward the end of the book. I thought the drawing was something you personally made. If so, you were stolen from but you may not have it copyrighted so. . . sorry, no cash for you. Just thought you might want to know about it.
    Peace.
    B.O.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably grabbed that cartoon off of facebook or twitter....

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!