Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

Been awhile, been awhile, been awhile... sigh.

1. I have been super busy at work, to the point I go home and just go to bed.

2. This is not good, as I find myself having to play catch up with my chores. This is shameful, as it only takes me about 30 minutes each evening to tidy up my whole house. So I need to get back on that schedule. Just set a timer and go for it, no matter how tired I am.

3. I was a little perturbed last week when I saw our President speak ill of the dead. Just when I thought we'd scraped the bottom of the barrel, there's still more crud to be scraped off. And he doesn't hesitate doing that. Sigh.

4 I am bone tired. BONE tired. I need some time off.  I have 200 hours of what is called "use or lose" time, meaning, I must take those 200 hours off this year, or risk losing them in the New Year. I think I will start working on chopping that down... as soon as this nasty project I'm working on is over.

5. Something funny and strange has been happening to me lately: I will go to sleep, and then wake up, feeling as if I had slept for several hours. When the reality is that I have been asleep only 30 minutes. How odd is that? Hopefully this mean that I am developing super powers, lol.

6. So here's a picture of a bullet hole in the window of my favorite wing spot in the 'hood.


It was so arresting to turn to the right and stare at that. And doesn't it look like it is an ACTUAL BULLET coming at me?
I just sat there and stared at it... and I silently wondered how long it would be until my order of lemon pepper wings would be up...

7. Song playing on my stream right now... "Late Nights and Heartbreaks".



Man... I LOVE that song. I could listen to it on repeat all day long. All day.

8. My sister played it for her 5th grade class a couple of years ago. She said that girls took a liking to it and sing it in class. My goodness. That's a song about guilt over cheating and what-not. She should have been playing something from a nice Disney playlist, lol.

9. Happy Birthday to my bestie for the last 40 years, LadyTee!





My girl! Ladytee turned 51. 51 looks good on you, babes!! Looking forward to birthday #52!

10. One of the busier gentrified traffic corridors downtown has the most interesting murals up.
Interestingly enough, this is a block or two from Auburn avenue and the King center and birth home. Amazing how the area changes. This area was probably all black some 50 years ago. Now, not so much. Many have been priced out. So I always imagine the sister in the picture shedding tears for more reasons than traffic. Sigh.

That's it for my 10 Tuesday thoughts! GLORY!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:12:00 PM

    Man! 200 use or lose hours! I wish had some of that. I had 4.5hrs and I'm trying to use them Friday. The nurse in me wanted to tell you if you wake up like that often please get a sleep study done especially if you are waking up with headaches.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!