Tuesday, September 08, 2020

Ten Tuesday Thoughts

I don't even know that I have enough thoughts for my 10 Tuesday Thoughts. But let me see if I can try.

1. I signed up for a food methods conference a couple of months ago. I was good with it as long as it is virtual.  And it is.

2. I thought that this conference would be from September 8 through September 11th... something close to that. Why is this conference lasting from the 8th to the 24th? O_O

3. And it is one of those conferences that does not contain that much interesting chemistry. Sigh.

4. What I learned today: there is some type of test in development for detection the C-19 virus on surfaces. And that the coatings on bags and containers used to hold food, etc., can leach out! Hmm.

5. Otherwise, this has all barely held my attention. Sigh.  And I am still stuck on having to deal with this until September 24th. Ugh.

6. I hate to admit this, but I struggle with foreign accents, so some of these talks have been O_o. I do what I can just to concentrate and pick up on some important points. I hate to admit that, but it is what it is.

7. We are closing in on the 6 month mark of not going in to work, but just teleworking. There are some who are bored, and going in voluntarily. Not me. No way. Might touch the wrong thing, and end up looking crazy. They still don't have a good plan in place. As of now, I am just being safe and staying home.

8. My supervisor told me during my review that I need to display more confidence. I took that as him wanting me to get caught up in the male diva BS that goes on in our group. Sorry sir, I am not a costar in the reality show.

9. I told someone, I speak up/suggest/volunteer once... I speak up/suggest/volunteer twice.. that is it. If you ignore me, I am done. Ladylee's goal is not to get stressed out and drawn into the drama. Too many times I have been kicked to the curb in my workgroup. At this point, I just need my paycheck every two weeks.  Please and thank you.

10.  My favorite retort:  "Man, I ain't got time for this craziness... I'm trying to write some stories."

Somebody said they were going to get me a shirt with that printed on it. LOL

11.  In my group, whoever controls and manipulates management pretty much runs things. I have no ambition of controlling and/or manipulating anyone. I don't have the energy to work Jedi mind tricks on people, and I just honestly don't care. And I consider all of that type of behavior as a sign of low self esteem when one has to do all this plotting and backbiting and throwing people under the bus. It is also a sign of some deep rooted problems going on behind the velvet curtain of one's life.

That may not be the case. That is just the way I see it.

Not sure why I should be expending that much energy... That does not make me "confident". No sir.

12. The Michael Cohen book comes out today. You know there has to be some truths in there because there was an effort to shut him up. The same thing happened with the president's niece, etc. Hmm.  Y'all read that and let me know what's up.

As my grandmother use to say... "Looka there, looka there."

I came up with MORE than ten thoughts. So happy for that.

Have a great week! On purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!