Tuesday, September 29, 2020

TWELVE Tuesday Thoughts

 Here we go with 10, no TWELVE thoughts on a Tuesday... 

1. So this is some 6 months in for teleworking for me. By this time, I am having to tell myself... it is going to be alright.

2. My supervisor was talking about returning to work next year. LAWD help me... Jesus take the wheel. 

3. I cannot STAND commercials that have people snoring in them. It is worse than the dragging of fingernails down a blackboard. Ugh.

4. I have some oranges sitting out on my counter. That doesn't sound strange. Let me be more specific: I have some oranges that have been sitting out on my counter for three months, and there is not a speck of mold on them. Who knows what the heck is sprayed on them to keep them looking super fresh. Ugh.

5. Sister Callie Jo and Big Mitch have decided, since I am always home, that I am a prop. They will run up on me and just lay on me for no reason. 


6. The fourth and final quarter of the year is coming up. I must sit down and make some goals... financial, spiritual, mental and physical. 

7. I talked to a neighbor today. She told me about a nearby house. which is now a drug house, looks like. They are super loud, arguing and stuff like that. That is all I notice, and that is rare. Gone are the days when there was just super loud music. Now they just off the chain. Once a week, I am uttering "Why is that chick down the street always fighting with her man?" 

*LadyLee stays out of the way*

For the most part, I would say it is quiet around her 98% of the time. And I am good with that. 

8. The ai.rbn.b next door has calmed down considerably. I barely notice if anyone is there. Turns out the neighbors had a talk with the homeowner. He must've threatened his tenants.

9. What is up with our beloved president and his taxes? And I was just telling a friend a few months ago, that somebody need to drop them taxes in the mailbox to all the major newspapers. SOMEBODY got them taxes laying around. And boy oh boy, somebody did. WOW. Prez is getting over, ain't he?

10. The debate comes on tonight. I MIGHT watch it. I am not sure. I may just wake up and watch the highlights in the morning. I just want Biden to do well and show no mercy, man. SOOO sick and tired of these elections. Ugh. 

11. And can I tell you I am tired of these doggone political commercials? It's like they beat me over the head with them. The ones that really get me are the ones with female voiceovers. They speak in low docile tones, all scary and shit. It's like they are saying... White people, be afraid... the brown people are coming to get you.

12. I am doing the early voting, specifically down in East Point. There will be no confusions down in the hood. You vote, then get out of here. Look for your keys down in your purse on your way out to your car. Just move on. 

And I am down for that. 

Looka there, as my Grandma always said.  I got in TWELVE Tuesday thoughts. Oh joy!! 

I tell you, 2020 is a year we will all look back. This is one for the ages here.

Have a happy Tuesday... on purpose. 

3 comments:

  1. Ladylee, hey. Did you see the debate? If so, what are some of your thoughts. -Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't talk about it much. Mentioned a couple of things in the next post, tho...

      Delete
  2. Anonymous1:29:00 AM

    Callie and Mitch look presidential and could probably run the country better than "that guy". Do you know I paid more taxes than he did! and I consider myself poor. Mary in TX

    ReplyDelete

Slap the *crickets* out the way, kindly step up to the mike, and SAY something!!